DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Piece of CRAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a computer idiot and pretty new to the drone market. Bought a Mavic did the youtube thing for hours before and since. Somehow I get stuff to work but it drives me nuts, I know it is me and ultilmately it all comes together but very frustrating. You have to stay with it and keep plugging.
i find go4 to be a PITA much happier with Litchi and it seems to tax my Android tablet less.
If a no patience type A old man like me can get to a good result there is a path that can be found by just about anyone.

mikemoose55
well ive been using electronics since the billboard days[remember them],i build my own custom water cooled pc's with nearly 18k in just 2 builds alone,with that said i still have issues with some new technology and sometimes its just easier asking for help rather than combing the internet for answers especially after being upset after hours of repeated failures and phrases like google is your friend or try the search feature just adds to a aggravating day.

Reactions: chazzm
I got mavic pro yesterday and tried it today for the first time. At the beginning it showed MAG INTERFERENCE and asked me to do a compass calibration. After that everything is fine. Firmware upgrades automatically and then drone is ready to go.

I’m really sorry to hear that, I personally own the inspire 2, Mavic Pro, Phantom 4,and Phantom 4 Pro and to be quite honest I’ve rarely had any issues with them, all I would suggest is check the little switch on the Mavic itself if it’s in Wi-Fi switch it!!! I’m using DJI Go 4 and Litchi as well as a couple of other programs with my quads depending on what I’m flying for usually photography. It just seems to me if you new to flying instead of getting butthurt check your ego at the door and ask for help there’s a lot of great people here that can seriously help and you’ll enjoy the (expensive) hobby as we do! As far as monitors I haven’t had any issues using iPads or my iPhone 6+, on Android I use an Nvidia shield k1 and it’s great! On a side note I just ordered the DJI goggles RE edition!! I’m sure they will be fine as well I wouldn’t have the first set because they were to locked into DJI Stuff, one last thing if your still around once you have a good working version of firmware STAY with it unless you have a reason not to! Anyway that’s my 2cent for what it’s worth.

Last edited:
I've had my MP for a month, I only own Android devices, and never checked the DJI Compatibility chart. I guess I'm lucky that my Samsung S4, S6, and S8+ phones all work! Also my Samsung Tab S and Tab S2 work great, never a drop with any of them! I must be the luckiest guy around! I'll grant you it wasn't as easy as my Autel X-Star Premium to set up, but it wasn't exactly calculus!!

well ive been using electronics since the billboard days[remember them],i build my own custom water cooled pc's with nearly 18k in just 2 builds alone,with that said i still have issues with some new technology and sometimes its just easier asking for help rather than combing the internet for answers especially after being upset after hours of repeated failures and phrases like google is your friend or try the search feature just adds to a aggravating day.
YOU SPENT 9K per build????? What did you put in that thing, gold plated CPUs?

Reactions: Advexure
fyi everyone, after 2 hours on hold with the phone support (and also being placed in que 3 times while trying to use the 'live text support',) I have an answer for everyone. According to their lead tech, the software app doesn't support the google pixel phone, as it was written 2 years ago and is not designed for any new android phones, as it only works with 3 android phones- but he couldn't tell me which ones. So- what do you know- it is not user error- it is a defective app. Hope this helps.
I just bought a $49 Android phone and it works with that. It also works with my iPhone 7 plus. I'm pretty sure the Android app has been updated in the last 2 years.
I've not had to use DJI customer support yet myself, but have not heard great things about it.

Yeah, was wondering myself. i9's, 8 x 2 TB SSd's, 256 GB RAM, and a top of the line GPU might get you in the ballpark

Yeah, was wondering myself. i9's, 8 x 2 TB SSd's, 256 GB RAM, and a top of the line GPU might get you in the ballpark
What on earth would one need that much RAM for? Are they doing intense heavy processing, video editing, Sword Art Online level gaming?

5930k cpu 600,64k memory corsair 1800,gforce graphic card 800,1200 water cooling 2 1tb ssd 600, plus various hdd's, 400 lighting 1200 watt psu 450 ,550 in fan controllers i gotta stop im getting depressed knowing what i spent and i did it twice,
what really added up was all the small parts to put it all together and all the labor bending and painting panels

i have 46 tb between these 2 builds

5930k cpu 600,64k memory corsair 1800,gforce graphic card 800,1200 water cooling 2 1tb ssd 600, plus various hdd's, 400 lighting 1200 watt psu 450 ,550 in fan controllers i gotta stop im getting depressed knowing what i spent and i did it twice,
what really added up was all the small parts to put it all together and all the labor bending and painting panels
i have 46 tb between these 2 builds
Interesting part list, though I can't makes sense of some them. What is 64k memory and you spent $1800 on it? You spent $400 on lighting and $1200 on cooling. That must be quite the cooling system.

On top of that, what do you need all that capacity and power for? And here I thought my $3K build was insane.

What on earth would one need that much RAM for? Are they doing intense heavy processing, video editing, Sword Art Online level gaming?
i do lots at one time,24/7 video recording security camer
Interesting part list, though I can't makes sense of some them. What is 64k memory and you spent $1800 on it? You spent $400 on lighting and $1200 on cooling. That must be quite the cooling system.

On top of that, what do you need all that capacity and power for? And here I thought my $3K build was insane.
the motherboard i have has 8 ram slots with 8 gig chips in each slot for 64 gig overall,i have custom led lighting in a dual chamber case with a water pump,2 radiators with 10 fans,all of it was custom built
i have 2 aquaero fan controllers and 2 farbwerk led controllers
i just wanted a fast computer that wouldnt bog down,the cpu's each have 16 threads for multi tasking,still dont know why i built 2 of them tho

Attachments

• IMG_3395_zps3d2cf80f (1).JPG
    IMG_3395_zps3d2cf80f (1).JPG
    204.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_3939_zpsvev6sl72.JPG
    IMG_3939_zpsvev6sl72.JPG
    182.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3946_zpssgucgst9.JPG
    IMG_3946_zpssgucgst9.JPG
    164 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:

the motherboard i have has 8 ram slots with 8 gig chips in each slot for 64 gig overall,i have custom led lighting in a dual chamber case with a water pump,2 radiators with 10 fans,all of it was custom built
i just wanted a fast computer that wouldnt bog down,the cpu's each have 16 threads for multi tasking,still dont know why i built 2 of them tho

5930K is the 6c12t, unless you meant the 5960X. I can totally see a water loop running you that much, I think my parts list added up to $1k CAD as well for a single loop. All the bits and pieces add up to crazy amounts.

5930K is the 6c12t, unless you meant the 5960X. I can totally see a water loop running you that much, I think my parts list added up to $1k CAD as well for a single loop. All the bits and pieces add up to crazy amounts.
my first build was a 4930k. 2nd was a 5930k,great cpu's

My build is a 4.6 GHz 4c8t processor, with a GeForce GTX 980Ti, 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 2TB HDD, LED lighting, water cooling with a 860 W PSU with digital power regulation, and a 4K monitor, and an old secondary monitor.

Reactions: wytnyt
I don't care if you're President Trump,you're not doing something right or it would work

fyi everyone, after 2 hours on hold with the phone support (and also being placed in que 3 times while trying to use the 'live text support',) I have an answer for everyone. According to their lead tech, the software app doesn't support the google pixel phone, as it was written 2 years ago and is not designed for any new android phones, as it only works with 3 android phones- but he couldn't tell me which ones. So- what do you know- it is not user error- it is a defective app. Hope this helps.
Hi, I tried using my friends pixel 2, and it's works fine. The issue is that you have not given full permission access to the app. The first time you install and run the app you get a request for permission to use your camera, gallery, file folders etc. You need to give permissions to all.
We reset the permission and then denied one and the issue you described was happening.
Therefore remove the App.
Second download an older app, I recommend 4.0.3. that has been the best and most stable for me.
Once you install it turn on the Mavic.
Then turn in the RC. Once the RC is connected, take your orginal USB cable that came with your pixel and plug it in at the bottom of the RC.
Then plug the other end to your phone.
Once you do this the app should try and run and it will first ask you for permissions. Do not skip this.
Give full permissions.
Once you do that you should get to a screen with the options to choose between phantoms mavics etc.
Hit the drop down and change to the mavic.
Once you do that you will get the connected go fly active.
Hope this helps.
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suretybondsa