DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Our filters do not interfere with the gimbal after startup. We do recommend installing the filters after starting up the Mavic. During flight the filter will never hit the gimbal arm. Let me know if you have any other questions,
-PolarPro

@PolarPro I was considering the polar pro filters but I found a thread over on the dji forum that say there is a problem with start-up calibration of the gimbal with the polar pro filters on. Say the filters must be applied after the start-up calibration is complete. Is this true? see here: ND Filters and here: RC Groups - View Single Post - Official DJI Mavic ***Owner and Developer'sThread***
The Mavic filters do need to be installed after gimbal calibration. The filters do not interfere during flight.
Let me know if you have any other questions,
-Jeff

The Mavic filters do need to be installed after gimbal calibration...
Adding the filters after calibration will not affect camera performance? I thought the purpose of calibrating the gimbal is to take into account the set-up and weight of the camera?

Adding the filters after calibration will not affect camera performance? I thought the purpose of calibrating the gimbal is to take into account the set-up and weight of the camera?

You calibrate it so that the gimbal knows where is up down left right etc. So even if you add anything on it the gimbal already has a reference point to work with and will compensate for any extra weight. Its just like how you calibrate your compass and imu, once done, it has a set of reference points to follow and it will be able to hover despite any wind conditions.

Our filters do not interfere with the gimbal after startup. We do recommend installing the filters after starting up the Mavic. During flight the filter will never hit the gimbal arm. Let me know if you have any other questions,
-PolarPro
I just want to make sure I understand completely. So please if you will... give me a yes or no answer to this question:

If a polar pro filter is installed on the Mavic before powering it on, will there be any interference at any time after powering it on?

Have any of you actually seen what happens when the Mavic starts up? Ever look at he camera and arm holding the gimbal?

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: F6Rider
Has anyone received their filters yet? I have had mine on order since they were announced, but I have not received any update. I hope they are not taking delivery notes from DJI. I mean, we are at the end of November.

Just want an update, I don't actually need the filters yet, but will need them before we start our projects. I ordered on Oct 25.

They have said all along that the first batch was going to ship the last week of November. It's only Sunday. Can't ship on Sunday, right?

The gimbal calibration is to get the gimbal centered. Adding the filter on post calibration has no effect on the gimbal. We have done a lot of stress testing with weights and what this gimbal can handle. I have personally been flying these for the last 30 days to validate proper fitment / operation.
-Jeff

I just want to make sure I understand completely. So please if you will... give me a yes or no answer to this question:
If a polar pro filter is installed on the Mavic before powering it on, will there be any interference at any time after powering it on?

Great question, the filters will need to be installed after you turn on and calibrate your gimbal.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
-Jeff

Has anyone received their filters yet? I have had mine on order since they were announced, but I have not received any update. I hope they are not taking delivery notes from DJI. I mean, we are at the end of November.

Just want an update, I don't actually need the filters yet, but will need them before we start our projects. I ordered on Oct 25.
Hi Deckyon, They are shipping on time this week. Thanks again for the preorder and support.
-Jeff

Reactions: Deckyon
Great question, the filters will need to be installed after you turn on and calibrate your gimbal.
Please let me know if you have any other questions.
-Jeff

So the filter needs to be removed every time the Mavic is turned off and on again? That's a bummer.

So the filter needs to be removed every time the Mavic is turned off and on again? That's a bummer.
Correct, its not too hard, it takes less than a second to remove. But I feel you, it seems like most people are filming with the same filter, so for the Cinema Series we will make it so you don't need to remove it. Appreciate the feedback, its how we make better products.
-Jeff

Cool, thanks. Out of curiosity, what makes them different that doesn't require them to be removed when powering on the Mavic?
The Cinema Series uses a higher end glass that is tailored for production. Additionally the Cinema Series glass is AR coated to reduce lens flaring. The standard filters are great filters for recreational pilots/filmmakers, the Cinema Series filters are made for film-makers who demand the best optics.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

The Cinema Series uses a higher end glass that is tailored for production. Additionally the Cinema Series glass is AR coated to reduce lens flaring. The standard filters are great filters for recreational pilots/filmmakers, the Cinema Series filters are made for film-makers who demand the best optics.
Let me know if you have any other questions!
-Jeff

I understand that the Cinema Series uses better glass and optics. But how does that negate the need to remove them when the Mavic is powered on?

I understand that the Cinema Series uses better glass and optics. But how does that negate the need to remove them when the Mavic is powered on?
They are made out of aircraft aluminum so the material can be thinner and still retain an acceptable structural integrity.
-Jeff

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1