DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

USPS is the worst thing ever. Mine were supposed to arrive yesterday, now I don't know because the tracking still says California 5 days later. Upset with them. Last package I shipped with them, they lost it for almost a month. Post office always screws up one way or another with me. I wish they would privatize it.

Ordered last Wednesday and just got my shipping notice an hour ago. Thanks Jeff and team for the quick turnaround. Can't wait to test these out and will look to upgrade to the cinema series in the new year.
Awesome! Thank you very much for the support,
-Jeff
Jeff, has pricing been established for the cinema series filters yet? I read through this thread and did not see it. (Sorry if it has already been posted and I just missed it).

Thanks!
Great question,
Its not going to be too much higher, it has not been finalized but we are shooting for $69.99 for each 3-Pack (Shutter and Vivid).
They are actually tracking to be ready early January now.
-Jeff

Got my shipping info this morning, should be here by the end of the week, just in time, thanks!

So what's the worst that will happen if (when) I leave the filter on between batteries?
Great question!
Nothing, It will just not calibrate, at which point you can remove the filter, fire it up, and start shooting :)
-Jeff

Reactions: daithi23
USPS is the worst thing ever. Mine were supposed to arrive yesterday, now I don't know because the tracking still says California 5 days later. Upset with them. Last package I shipped with them, they lost it for almost a month. Post office always screws up one way or another with me. I wish they would privatize it.
Hi Carlos, I don't think USPS updates tracking after it leaves the country.
But if for any reason you don't have it within the time frame promised we will DHL a new set,
Thank you very much for the order!
-Jeff

Hi Carlos, I don't think USPS updates tracking after it leaves the country.
But if for any reason you don't have it within the time frame promised we will DHL a new set,
Thank you very much for the order!
-Jeff
Hi Jeff, I'm sure it will arrive in the next couple of days. It just seems like the post office isn't very efficient around here. I have had packages sit in NJ (40 miles away) for three days before at a sorting facility, so this doesn't surprise me.

Here is a good install video:

If its too much work for you I think the Cinema Series launching in January would be a great option. If you are not happy with these we are ready to get you into a different set or get a return set up. Your feedback is greatly appreciated.
-Jeff

Thanks Jeff. That video does help to see how you're supposed to hold the Mavic under one arm. I think the Cinema Series will be the real winner, so I'm looking forward to those. Not sure if it's worth returning the standard filters if I'll be able to get a full credit toward the Cinema Series anyway. Will I still be able to get the upgrade credit if I purchased them through your Amazon store and I end up purchasing the Cinema Series through Amazon as well?

Thanks Jeff. That video does help to see how you're supposed to hold the Mavic under one arm. I think the Cinema Series will be the real winner, so I'm looking forward to those. Not sure if it's worth returning the standard filters if I'll be able to get a full credit toward the Cinema Series anyway. Will I still be able to get the upgrade credit if I purchased them through your Amazon store and I end up purchasing the Cinema Series through Amazon as well?
To upgrade it will need to be done through the site, but no problem if you purchased the first set through Amazon.
Thanks!
-Jeff

To upgrade it will need to be done through the site, but no problem if you purchased the first set through Amazon.
Thanks!
-Jeff

Hmm, I'll likely just return them then so I can purchase the Cinema Series through Amazon when available. Thanks for all the help Jeff. Even though these filters didn't work out for me, it's great to have you here and so responsive to customer questions and concerns.

Reactions: lucan
Hmm, I'll likely just return them then so I can purchase the Cinema Series through Amazon when available. Thanks for all the help Jeff. Even though these filters didn't work out for me, it's great to have you here and so responsive to customer questions and concerns.

You are very welcome, we are here to help!
-Jeff

Received my 6-Pack today. Unfortunately the CP Filter glass was loose and fell out of the cover. I guess it wasn't glued in properly. I have an e-mail into support and waiting on an answer.

As for the other 5 filters, They seem fine and fit well. I have found it is much easier to turn the Mavic upside down when installing and removing the filters. You barely have to use any pressure to hold the gimbal in place while your installing/removing them this way. Haven't had a chance to use them yet since it's cold and rainy out here in New York.

polar pro.jpg

Last edited:
Received my 6-Pack today. Unfortunately the CP Filter glass was loose and fell out of the cover. I guess it wasn't glued in properly. I have an e-mail into support and waiting on an answer.

As for the other 5 filters, They seem fine and fit well. I have found it is much easier to turn the Mavic upside down when installing and removing the filters. You barely have to use any pressure to hold the gimbal in place while your installing/removing them this way. Haven't had a chance to use them yet since it's cold and rainy out here in New York.

View attachment 2164

UPDATE: Within a couple hours Scott from Polar Pro has already shipped me out a new CP Filter with a tracking number. Can't beat that kind of customer service.

UPDATE: Within a couple hours Scott from Polar Pro has already shipped me out a new CP Filter with a tracking number. Can't beat that kind of customer service.
Great customer service indeed! This is why I didn't hesitate to order the 6-pack when it was announced, and now looking forward to their release of the cinema series.

Reactions: chuckb223
Yes, Polar Pro has a great customer service. I have had to return a couple of filters and they delivered on their promises.
I never fly without a filter for the obvious reason of slowing down the shutter speed and also to protect the lens of the camera. Filters are cheap to replace.

Can you explain to me the difference between the PL and the CP filters? They are both polarizing but do they function differently besides the PL being part of ND filter?
Also, have to agree with everyone here, you guys have the best customer service ever! I haven't even received my filters yet (later today!) and already I know I'll be a returning customer!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Can you explain to me the difference between the PL and the CP filters? They are both polarizing but do they function differently besides the PL being part of ND filter?
Also, have to agree with everyone here, you guys have the best customer service ever! I haven't even received my filters yet (later today!) and already I know I'll be a returning customer!

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

A quick search on google yielded this very informative result

Polarizing filter (photography) - Wikipedia

I would get the filter now and upgrade to the cinema later, but the international shipping to Japan cost almost as much as the filter. Is there an option for normal shipping instead of expedited?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
henryairsoft1