DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Quick question... for those who have received their mavics, can someone please tell me the diameter of the actual camera? I am thinking of making a diy nd filter from the spares I have lying around while I wait for the mavic. Thanks

Thanks, I had seen that but still didn't understand it. This is all relatively new to me so hard to get my head around especially when written. Filters just arrived today so will try them out, will probably make more sense to me then.

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

These filter sets have two kinds of filters
ND (Neutral Density) filters
PL (Circular Polarizer)
ND-PL a combo filter of the above two.

NDs are easier to understand. They just cut the light hitting the camera sensor and are label in "stops". ND-8 cuts down three stops of light, ND-16 four stops, ND-32 five stops and ND-64 six stops.
So what is the use? It is a creative tool to lower the shutter speed for a given frame rate. Which gives you a more pleasing image on screen, more cinematic.
The polarizer cuts glare hitting the sensor. For example, when shooting pool, you will be able to see through the water. It needs to be rotated on the lens to see the effect.
the ND-PL combo marries the two in one filter.
One caveat when using a polarizer, when the light source is dead in front or back it has no effect. It is more pronounced when the light source is perpendicular to the subject.

So how do you use them? I live in Arizona where the light is very bright so I usually start with a ND-8 early morning an late afternoon. I use the ND-32 mid day and the ND-16 in between. These are not absolute rules either. You will develop a feel the more you use them.
For the Polarizer, it is harder to use because you have to be aware of the light source and set the angle of the filter on the lens by rotating the filter until the desire amount of polarization is achieved.
You have to practice your shot to set the correct amount of polarization then shoot it in my opinion. With only an ND filter you don't have to worry about it.
It is easy to over polarize which will destroy your image. So be careful when setting it.
Lastly, I always fly with a filter on to protect the lens.
Hope that helps

I returned mine because I don't want to fiddle with the gimbal on every battery. Polar Pro had an RMA to me PDQ. Customer service is fantastic. I'll be back when they release the series that can stay on the Mavic

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Well, looks like good old Polar Pro beat DJI to marketing custom filters for the platform.
Oh yeah, they also got them out before DJI can get a single Mavic out the door! :p
They will also be superior to anything DJI bring out looking at past performance!

DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack
The Polar Pro filters are too heavy for the Mavic and you have to take them off every time you change batteries while it does the song and dance routine.
Pain in the butt!

I returned mine because I don't want to fiddle with the gimbal on every battery. Polar Pro had an RMA to me PDQ. Customer service is fantastic. I'll be back when they release the series that can stay on the Mavic

Did you have to pay for return shipping?

I ordered the 6 filter set. I paid for the 6 filter set. The packing slip says I received the 6 filter set. However the packaging says I got the 3 THREE filter set.

I expect that one of two things will happen.
1. I will be sent a 6 filter set that has been properly tested to properly fit the Mavic as a Next Day package, with a label to send back the WRONG package that was sent.
2. You will refund my money, and send me a label to send the filters back after I get my money back.

That's it. Not only did I have to wait longer, I didn't receive what I paid for. Even DJI sent me what I ordered correctly the first time...
$hi7 happens mate. Calm ya farm.

I ordered the 6 filter set. I paid for the 6 filter set. The packing slip says I received the 6 filter set. However the packaging says I got the 3 THREE filter set.

I expect that one of two things will happen.
1. I will be sent a 6 filter set that has been properly tested to properly fit the Mavic as a Next Day package, with a label to send back the WRONG package that was sent.
2. You will refund my money, and send me a label to send the filters back after I get my money back.

That's it. Not only did I have to wait longer, I didn't receive what I paid for. Even DJI sent me what I ordered correctly the first time...
I understand how frustrating it is but (and I honestly say this in the nicest way possibe) chill out a bit. You'll see from Jeff from Polar Pro's post here that they're very customer focused. Sometimes, unfortunately, mistakes inevitably happen but Polar Pro look like they're on the ball and will work to sort things out for you.

Reactions: sirnikolas
OK guys I have cleaned up so lets keep this nice :)
have some dip.gif

Reactions: daithi23
I just got my 6 pack, and am impressed with the results. However, I think that I'd prefer the Cinema series that comes out next month. What is the procedure to swap them out?

Yeah, I did the same although I had ordered from Amazon and initiated the return there after checking with Polar Pro. They seem to be a really great company. Can't wait to order the new ones - they say "very soon".

Yeah, I did the same although I had ordered from Amazon and initiated the return there after checking with Polar Pro. They seem to be a really great company. Can't wait to order the new ones - they say "very soon".

The Cinema Series are now available for Pre-Order/Upgrade:
PolarPro | DJI Mavic Filters

For everyone wanting to upgrade, just shoot [email protected] your order number and he will get you all set up.

Let me know if anyone has any questions on these.
Many people will be happy to see this video:

What's the upgrade procedure?

To upgrade:
Just send [email protected] an email with your order number. He will send over a code to upgrade to the new ones, and a return label. You will not need to send back the other filters until the Cinema Series arrive.

We are appreciative of all the feedback we received and we are offering these upgrades at a discount.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Reactions: daithi23
To upgrade:
Just send [email protected] an email with your order number. He will send over a code to upgrade to the new ones, and a return label. You will not need to send back the other filters until the Cinema Series arrive.

We are appreciative of all the feedback we received and we are offering these upgrades at a discount.

Thanks!
-Jeff

Sent my e-mail and order # to Dan last night. Just waiting on a reply with the code to preorder the Cinema Series. I think it's absolutely great that your offering the upgrade discount for the early adopters. Thank you Jeff!

Placed the order for the new Cinema filters!!! I am going to Jamaica for two weeks Jan 16th, so it will be a miracle and fantastic if these come in by the 15th of Jan for that trip where I hope I get 2 weeks of sunny and warm weather to shoot with the Mavic :)

Reactions: PolarPro
Just put my order in to upgrade my 6-pack for the 6-pack Cinema Series. Only $40 to upgrade and can keep my filters till I receive the new ones which should be shipping around Jan. 10. They sure do know how to keep customers happy!

Reactions: PolarPro and Pete
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown