DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

polarpro cinema series, or rt taco?

Doi Nomazi

Reactions
Very tough decision. I like the quality of the polarpro filters, but they are a bit heavier and bulkier. (Polarizing seems to add a layer)

problem is, the polarpro install very tight on the camera, not easy to remove after pushing all the way in, while tacos slide in and out without effort.

Otherwise, no filming with either filter for a proper comparison.

Might decide to keep the tacos because of convenient removal and return the polarpro.

Any similar experience(s)?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

I used both and I didn't liked them, you should buy an enhancing device or a editing device and you can add filters on and personalize them.
Like this comment if you saw it please.
Good luck!!!

Reactions: mike mille
Taco-RC is the way to go. I had the original Polar Pro filters and they're heavy on the gimbal. I kept getting gimbal errors in flight. With the taco, I have no issues!

Reactions: 2nd2non
@SLVSRFR I just compared the tacos with the new polarpro version, the ones that can stay on all the time, but the tacos seem easier to remove.

@mrtictac "enhancing device, or a editing device"? What are you talking about? Are you talking about post-production?

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: Daryls2000
@SLVSRFR I just compared the tacos with the new polarpro version, the ones that can stay on all the time, but the tacos seem easier to remove.

@mrtictac "enhancing device, or a editing device"? What are you talking about? Are you talking about post-production?

Agreed, I didn't understand that either. If your camera isn't given the detail because it can't see it then post prod won't do a thing.

It's a computer not a wand.

Might decide to keep the tacos because of convenient removal and return the polarpro.

Any similar experience(s)?
My experience has been the same. I have no trouble removing the Freewell/PGYTECH/TACO-RC filters.

Reactions: jerryflah
I used both and I didn't liked them, you should buy an enhancing device or a editing device and you can add filters on and personalize them.
Like this comment if you saw it please.
Good luck!!!

You know we are talking about ND filters that allow you to run the correct shutter speed while filming and not Instagram filters right?

Want to hop on -- should I be worried about the force required to remove the PolarPro Cinema series filters? It's hard to get a grip on them, I also feel I'm really tugging at the camera/gimbal. How dangerous is this force I'm applying?

Reactions: niclariv
Hey Guys,
Here is a quick video that should help you remove your filters easily.
1. Turn the Mavic over
2. Support the camera with your left hand, and remove the filter with the pads of your fingers.

The Videos captured should be well worth learning the new process:
A few shots I captured while testing these filters:

Jeff

Got polar pro cinema series filters and didn't like how tight they fit in. Needed a lot of forces to put them out. Any comments please from polar pro?

I wound up with both also. Polar Pro Cinema, and Taco RC MC NDs, and can't really decide or see a difference. They are both outstanding products (sorry PP). I will say the Polars got to me VERY quickly, the Tacos, not so much.

That said, I always leave the gimbal bracket installed to remove or install the filters, and also support it with my other hand. That keeps it in position during the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bumpfus
Refer to the comment above yours :)
-Jeff
Yeah, see it, but honestly in my opinion it is too tight. =( Maybe it is because you need to put out it in exactly 90 degree angle without any deviation

I have the polar pro cinema series and have no issues getting them on or off. If you leave the gimbal guard on while installing I find it makes it easier.

Reactions: phemmert
Jeff -- thanks for the reply. I find that my filter fits a bit tighter than what your video shows. I almost have to use my nails to catch the edge to pull it off. In general I am able to put it on and take it off, but the force worried me a bit.

Any idea if any small amount of vacuum grease would be appropriate to use on the outside of the camera?

I do love the quality and the picture I'm getting.

Last edited:
Reactions: royalhghnss
Jeff -- thanks for the reply. I find that my filter fits a bit tighter than what your video shows. I'm almost have to use my nails to catch the edge to pull it off. In general I am able to put it on and take it off, but the force worried me a bit.

Any idea if any small amount of vacuum grease would be appropriate to use on the outside of the camera?

I do love the quality and the picture I'm getting.
Agree with you.
PolarPro, just saw this instructions. What you can say about it?

Hey Guys,
Here is a quick video that should help you remove your filters easily.
1. Turn the Mavic over
2. Support the camera with your left hand, and remove the filter with the pads of your fingers.

The Videos captured should be well worth learning the new process:
A few shots I captured while testing these filters:

Jeff

I feel like mine fit tighter than what is shown in the video. Maybe I just need more practice making sure they come off completely straight, though I saw another post of yours saying there's a small amount of variation in camera thickness on the Mavic, though that post was an answer to someone saying their filter fit too loose. Maybe some cameras are a little bigger too.

iPhone 6S

I think the Taco filters is not polarized? Do you who have both Taco and Polypro see any difference while filming water?

If I am correct, the polar pro cinema series is not polarized, only coated. They have another series which is.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flymehome