DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro PL vs Non PL Question

Alexstein

Reactions
Hi from Sunny and very bright Australia.

I have the cinema 6 pack however Ive been looking into getting a 64PL.

I was wondering if a Non dialed in PL filter will act the same as a non PL filter this allowing me to purchase a single filter to cover both roles.

Thanks in advance,
Alex

PL = Polarized which will stop the sun from glaring when pointing towards metal, water or glass objects while filming (non PL do not)! Do you have the "Vivid(PL) or Shutter(non-PL) Collection?" I have the cinema series-vivid collection, they are PL. I live in the desert and the 32 works great.

If you are set on a ND64 I would get the 64PL.

Reactions: Brojon
Here's a video that shows the difference between the PL and non PL filters:

As mentioned PL is polarized. It tends to clarify and increase contrast and color in foliage since it eliminates the light scattering that can make scenery look dull.

I understand the whole polarizing thing. My question is..... Is the PL filter effectively the same as the Non PL filter when its not setup correctly.

I understand the whole polarizing thing. My question is..... Is the PL filter effectively the same as the Non PL filter when its not setup correctly.
If you understand the polarizing thing you'd realize the answer is yes.
I assume you mean by "setup correctly" that you're referring to the angle at which the sky is bluest. That's simply the angular relationship to the primary light source and has no effect on the fact that it *always* polarizes the light.

Thanks for clarifying. So in that case I need to order a PL filter aswell as non PL

Thanks for clarifying. So in that case I need to order a PL filter aswell as non PL
If you want an ND filter without polarizing .AND you want a ND with PL then yes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colin King