• 51-60

Votes: 183 23.1%
  • 61-70

Votes: 221 27.9%
  • 71-80

Votes: 79 10.0%
  • 81-90

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • 91+ (Congrats! Please say your age in a post!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
44 this year have parrot mambo then parrot bebop now Mavic Pro and loving it fly every chance I get. Thought I was old !!!

Were they Kefs? .
Tannoy 638 Profile floorstanders, gorgeous sound. They're still going strong, my son has them at his house. I passed them on to him a couple of months ago when I changed to a pair of Monitor Audios.

Reactions: joejaxvic123
62 here with Mavic Pro. Started with Phantom 3 standard. Actually, I really started with an Estes rocket with a camera in the nose cone. Anyone remember those?
I loved Estes rockets! I think I built most of them. The Apogee, Nike, Saturn B1, Thor, Sprite, Aerobee 300. The one with the camera was the Camroc. They had a Cineroc (movie cam) but I couldn't afford that one. Many unsuspecting grasshoppers and field mice were astronauts in the early '70's near Mayfield, Kentucky.
When my daughters were young I got back into building, flying and losing model rockets. I still have some old B6-4 and C6-5 engines in a tool box somewhere.
"How Old Are We?" - when I think about this stuff, I'm 12 again. I get the same feeling when I'm going through my MP pre-flight checklist that I got back then when I was packing parachutes, inserting igniter wires and launching rockets.
This old Estes catalog should bring back some memories: https://www.estesrockets.com/media//catalogs/Estes_1971_Catalog.pdf

I’m 28 with my first drone after doing years of photography / cinematography. Felt it would up my game (and it has, significantly).

FWIW - I don’t necessarily think the lack of younger members is because they don’t own drones but because they don’t use/know about forums.

I’m a developer by trade so I’ve been using forums and Q&A sites for years, so naturally when I got my MP the first thing I did was look for a reputable forum.

And here I am... [emoji851]

Reactions: NokiaQuad
Reading this thread, I believe there's a general wrong ideia what being old, means. At least it doesn't mean, "they cant do this or that" as they can do anything.

63 and still think like a 25 year old.

Love the MP and have been into RC and photography for over 30 years when I'm not doing track days.

You don't stop playing because you're too old. You get old because you stop playing! :)

Last edited:
69... been flying RC gliders for many years, mostly scale these days 4m span +/-. Started flying quads indoors when we couldn't get to the slope in winter. Then got into aerial photography and videography. Quantum Nova, then a Xiaomi Mi and the latest a Mavic Air, love it to bits. Even sold a sports glider to fund it.

37 and the mind of a six years old [emoji23]
Used to paraglide but quit that sport after a spine breaking accident. Recovered fully, sold the gear and started investigating FPV drones [emoji39] Hesitated for ages when there were only those huge phantoms, but was smitten when the Mavic Pro was announced... bought it 12 months ago and never regretted it!

62 here with Mavic Pro. Started with Phantom 3 standard. Actually, I really started with an Estes rocket with a camera in the nose cone. Anyone remember those?

Oh yeah. I built and flew the Estes Industries Skyhook back in the day and thought it was the coolest thing ever! There's definitely a close relationship between my model rocketry adventures so many years ago and my current interest in drones. Once you slip the surly bonds of earth, there's no turning back.

Since Santa probably brought a bunch of folks new Mavics for Christmas, I thought I'd revive this thread to see if the poll numbers change.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2