DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll posted - why are you waiting to buy a Mavic 3?

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
Hello All,

Apparently you can only do a poll in the General Discussion forum. This is specifically for the Mavic 3.

If you have been holding of on purchasing the M3 please take the poll HERE.

Thank you!

For me I'm going to wait to see how the CE Mark and Remote ID situations sort out.

Not going to buy anything which may be barred or restricted because it doesn't comply with regulations which are coming.

Bonjour
En avoir un réel besoin, ce qui n'est pas le cas pour moi, pour qui cela devient une plus que nécessaire les pros ?
A+patc45 de France.

Just giving it some time like the new release of an automobile to let things shake out.

I went ahead and bought. Even with it not being 100% it is the best hardware. DJI will continue to make it the best. That is why their products continue to lead.

The M4/3 sensor is a plus for quality, dynamic range & noise but in reality when the images are put into print (newspaper, magezine) or squished on YouTube/Vimeo or worse, social media then the benefits will not be visible. The higher bit rate is good but once your above 100 mbps (M2P) then no-one’s going to be concerned about the small benefits(except maybe high action, sports, etc). The small number of people involved in inspection (turbines, hydro line insulators) will like the zoom but of little benefit to the rest of us. Pro res on the cine seems to be impractical in practice. Better batteries but I’ve rarely found it an issue to land & stick in a fresh battery. All the other features are minor frills with little added value. Sadly DJI is carefully protecting their I2 & Matrice markets to keep pro a prisoner in the high end market.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
I was in the market for a mavic2 pro level drone a year and half ago.

I decided not to buy the mavic 2 as I didn’t want to pay that amount for an already aging drone.

I purchased an air 2 as a stopgap until the mavic 3 came out.

Originally, I planned on purchasing the Mavic 3 as soon as it was released, but the incomplete drone soured me, and I have withheld purchasing it.

Reactions: ExtremeElementz
I was tempted to purchase it but after seeing:

• It will probably break from a low fall and be unusable
  • Settings and features are missing months later
  • The controller being the same one they are using on most of their drones now.
  • Disconnection issues
  • Image comparisons not being a larger upgrade for being almost a 50% bigger sensor (except in low light)

Something just feels off for this product. I’m all about spending money if it’s going to be worth it but I’d have to agree with a lot of people that I’ve talked to as it’s not $1200 more of a product over the Air 2S.

I also would be curious to see how well these fisheye obstacle avoidance sensors are with side avoidance now that there are not physical sensors watching the sides of the drone.

Reactions: Bufface

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MemphisDrone