DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Why are you waiting to purchase a Mavic 3?

Why are you waiting to purchase a Mavic 3?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CactusJackSlade

Reactions
I think there may be many of us out there that really wanted the Mavic 3 to sweep us off our feet, but (as released) many, including myself are not in a hurry to get the new M3. I have my reasons, but was curious as to the reasons for others waiting in the wings.

Listed are the things that for certain not going to be on the M3 and with those things that may not be or a long way off. If DJI has said it's coming most likely not on this list. Thank you.

Choose your top three issues:

Honestly, none of these are deal breakers for me or what I want to do with the drone. I'm looking forward to automatic pano support, but I can make do without it. I'd also like to see SDK support, but I understand the business rationale for delaying it, even if I don't like it.

What made the M3 a must-upgrade for me was the image quality. To get a m4/3 sensor in a drone that size and price was too good to pass up.

None of those options. I'm waiting for the new combo package offering the Pro Controller . . .

Reactions: BogeyBlack
For me, I just can't justify the upgrade from my Mavic Pro. If I was a professional relying on my equipment, the Mavic 3 would probably be the main bird in my arsenal, but since I'm just fly occasionally, mostly Litchi waypoint missions, there isn't enough reason to justify the upgrade. I'm perfectly happy with my 4k video I've been receiving for the past few years.

For those of you taking the plunge, more power to y'all, and happy flying!

I am still trying to decide between Mavic 3, Lite+ or Evo 2 Pro.
- My doubts about Mavic 3 come from so many people reporting failures, like the slow GPS, RC disconnects, gimball tilt, and green dots, I´d like to wait a bit just in case it was just the first batch of units, or to get a more accurate view of how common it is to encounter these problems.
From the specs point of view, it is almost perfect, the only down is the ISO limited to 800 in Dlog profile, and this is important to me, I want shiny night skyline videos as you can do with Evo 2 Pro already, so if a firmware update adds a higher ISO, it will be a big push to make me buy it.
- I haven't decided for the Evo 2 Pro yet because even if the image quality might be the best, many comments say it is not so good to fly, signal not so good, gimball/flight not so smooth, gimball tilt, it is heavy and bulky...
- I haven't decided for Lite+ yet because there are not enough video samples yet in youtube, I can't see how good it is at night or blue hour, and also still doesn't have 10bit color and/or Log profile, which some people say it will come, but it is not guaranteed and who knows how good it will be.
- I don't count Air 2S, because low light videos are not good enough, however, it is the perfect drone in everything else, no weird things, safe to fly, 10bit Log with plenty of ISO options, great pricing... perfect, just videos a bit too dark at night!.

Last edited:
I'm good without any of those options.
I suppose if I ever decide to market my 107, I'd have to consider the purchase. I'm still putt putting around with the 2

For me it's the goggles incompatibility - even if it were via USB cord I'd be ok with that. After being away from FPV and goggles for 6-7 years and recently using the new DJI FPV setup I'm hooked again, especially in tight quarters. I want to be able to use goggles with a Mavic 3. If they become compatible I'll probably get one. I think it's ridiculous that things like the goggles and smart controller (which SHOULD work but do not, just a bit of firmware to fix so many things!

Reactions: Rchawks
The M3 is disappointing. It's a great premium aircraft and camera, at a premium price that has an entry level controller and entry level app. It's seriously mismatched hardware and software.
I'm curious why DJI didn't use go4 with this craft. It's so much better. And using the entry level RC from the mini2? What were they thinking?

The M3 is disappointing. It's a great premium aircraft and camera, at a premium price that has an entry level controller and entry level app. It's seriously mismatched hardware and software.
I'm curious why DJI didn't use go4 with this craft. It's so much better. And using the entry level RC from the mini2? What were they thinking?
I believe DJI Fly app started working with the release of Mavic Mini 1, right?, I wonder, since then, has any new released drone used Go4?, I think at some point DJI decided to pass from Go4 to Dji Fly app, and they are never going to come back to Go4.

I'm curious why DJI didn't use go4
I’ve never been able to confirm this debacle. My thought has always been that they didn’t want to clutter up the Go4 app with all the new selfie crazed consumers that they were marketing their new products to.

I’ve never been able to confirm this debacle. My thought has always been that they didn’t want to clutter up the Go4 app with all the new selfie crazed consumers that they were marketing their new products to.
Skip to 15:54 in this video to see what DJI has to say about this. A bit of a non-answer to me, but I guess it’s the only answer we get.

Me too. Any ideas when this will be released in the UK, if at all????
Honestly, I think the UK will see it first before us mates in the US . . . just the chatter I'm hearing is late February.

Owning the M2Z has set the bar at a high level in regards to being able to put my drone up, perform my flight and return home safely consistently. The M3 does not seem able to provide that level of peace of mind. DJI in their haste to get their M3 out pre Christmas and ahead of their competition was not very well thought out. The horizon tilt on the videos I've seen is not acceptable, lack of software on release and the price point ??? IMHO they pulled those prices out of thin air. Just now getting around to offering fly more combos with pro RC's. I could go on all day about why not buy the M3 but just look at YouTube. To much negative for my hard earned $$$$ is the bottom line. I will hold out for the Mavic4 and hope DJI has learned from their mistakes.

Reactions: thispilothere
I've read some article where Dji has been undervaluing their drones for years and I feel there is some truth there. The issue I have is I picked up the Air2s FMB with RC Pro for $1,749.00. The only comparable package right now for the 3 is the Cine which costs $4,999.00. Yes you get a slightly better sensor, longer flight time, larger storage and ProRes. Is it better than the Air2s? Yes... is it 185% better? No it's not IMO. Taking the drones as a stand alone is the Mavic 3 120% better than the Air2s? Not IMO. What would be "fair" is adding the Rc Pro to the Mavic 3 FMB. Then you're "only" talking 72% more.

The 3 is a really nice drone I just don't think it's worth it at it's current price point compared to everything else in Dji's line up.

I purchased the Mavic 3 Cine. After flying it for about a month, I must tell you it is absolutely amazing. My past quads were first Mavic Air 2, then Auto Eco 2 pro. This is superior to anything I've seen yet. The only drawback I ca n tell you about is that it takes a couple of minutes on the first battery to acquire the necessary satellites. But once locked it stays locked, and the next battery series locks right away. If you look at the cost of mirrorless cameras that can shoot Apple ProRes, the Mavic 3 cine is a pretty fair price. If you enjoy the other magics, this will blow you away!
Don't listen to all the nay sayers.

Reactions: ianwood
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan