DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Need Your Recommendations for Power Bank to charge Mavic 3 Batteries

I purchased the Anker Prime 27,650mAh Power Bank (250W from Amazon. It was delivered last night so I have not yet had a chance to charge the Mavic 3. Got a good (27%) discount, like you did, and this reduced from from $175.00 to $153.00.

Dale

I purchased the Anker Prime 27,650mAh Power Bank (250W from Amazon. It was delivered last night so I have not yet had a chance to charge the Mavic 3. Got a good (27%) discount, like you did, and this reduced from from $175.00 to $153.00.

Dale
Awesome, let us know what you think. From Anker, I did end up getting the older one, 737 as well; should be the same price at Amazon.

Anker 737 Power Bank (PowerCore 24K)
Color: BlackType: charging onlySKU: A1289011
x1
$90.00$149.99
icon_shipping.png

Shipped on April 08 at 06.31PM.
Order Summary
Subtotal
$149.99
Discount(WSPEKYJFC0)
-$59.99
Shipping
$0.00
Tax
$8.42
Total:
$98.42

Awesome, let us know what you think. From Anker, I did end up getting the older one, 737 as well; should be the same price at Amazon.

Anker 737 Power Bank (PowerCore 24K)
Color: BlackType: charging onlySKU: A1289011
x1
$90.00$149.99
icon_shipping.png

Shipped on April 08 at 06.31PM.
Order Summary
Subtotal
$149.99
Discount(WSPEKYJFC0)
-$59.99
Shipping
$0.00
Tax
$8.42
Total:
$98.42
Have you actually charged a drone battery on this power bank yet? If so, how long did it take. I am also really concerned about the 2 pound weight!

Have you actually charged a drone battery on this power bank yet? If so, how long did it take. I am also really concerned about the 2 pound weight!
Both of my chargers from Anker are slow ship but should arrive this week. Will try them out.

I would also look at a solar array, for a couple of reasons.
  • It can be packed in your checked luggage, which is handy if you are short of carry-on space.
  • Depending on how passengers are allocated in cars, there may be contention as to who gets to recharge their electronics. (Been there, done that.)
  • And depending on the car, its electrical system might struggle with running a charger. (Also seen that happen, in Mongolia.)
An array might be slower, but you could use it to keep batteries (or power banks) topped up (as long as you have sunlight and somewhere safe to leave it).

Dale
I hope it works out for you. I went and ordered one more.. making it two of the 250 prime along with the original 120 watt 20000 mAh. Those three should do what I need them to do. Albeit I don't go traveling for weeks at a time. Day trips mostly. I am searching for a solar panel to charge the battery packs. The highest rated one is 60 Watts. Don't know how long it would take to charge then in full sun but its another option outside of plugin on a car.

I hope it works out for you. I went and ordered one more.. making it two of the 250 prime along with the original 120 watt 20000 mAh. Those three should do what I need them to do. Albeit I don't go traveling for weeks at a time. Day trips mostly. I am searching for a solar panel to charge the battery packs. The highest rated one is 60 Watts. Don't know how long it would take to charge then in full sun but its another option outside of plugin on a car.
I am returning the Anker Power Bank- here is the office reply from Anker. Luckily, I purchased from Amazon and will be bringing it back to Whole Foods drop off today
Screenshot 2024-04-10 at 7.07.45 AM.png

I am returning the Anker Power Bank- here is the office reply from Anker. Luckily, I purchased from Amazon and will be bringing it back to Whole Foods drop off today
View attachment 174178
It's been a long time since I studied electronics, but I'm surprised at this. As long as the power bank meets the USB-C standard, it should work (possibly slowly, but work). That's the whole point of standards.

Maybe the Mavic 3 doesn't fully meet the standard?

When I was in Iceland I had four Mavic 2 batteries, which I fully charged before our camping trip in the highlands. I got 3-4 flights per battery if I was careful — hike close to target, fly and get pictures, land quickly — so I had about 15 flights. Maybe your best solution right now is more Mavic 3 batteries.

My 2 units (737 and Prime 250w) will arrive on Friday.

I have six Mavic 3 batteries so I will be able to check.

View attachment 174178
This is really strange since I am charging the air 3 batteries with the 737 and will also be charging with the two 250w primes when I receive them. Im wondering what the difference is between the air 3 and Mavic 3 batteries besides the size. While charging the air 3 batteries with the Anker 737, I noticed the batteries were pulling 59.4 watts from the battery. The 737 is capable of a total of 200 watts output. I'd really like to know what they are referring to when they say all their power banks are not fully compatible.

View attachment 174178
I suspect Anker didn't understand the question, assuming that the batteries are charged on their own and not through a hub, perhaps? The power bank will work fine.

Reactions: MS Coast
Last edited:
I use the Anker737 for everything. It is the only charge bank I have found that will charge my field portables and drones. It is rather bulky however you can carry two of them.

Anker 737 Power Bank (PowerCore 24K), 24,000mAh 3-Port Portable Charger with 140W Output, Smart Digital Display, Compatible with iPhone 14/13 Series,
IronSky1:
After I received the negative report from Anker (see following) I returned my Power Bank about an hour ago to Whole Foods to be returned for credit to Amazon. Now I am reading your post and giving this a second thought.

Please confirm to me that you have actually charged your Mavic 3 with the Anker power bank, and I will re-order.
Feel free to use my e-mail or a personal conversation. Dale Davis, [email protected]

Here is the letter I got from my Anker inquiry that I received this morning that caused me to return it.

Dear Dale Davis, Thank you for patiently waiting and providing us with the necessary details regarding your Mavic 3 drone batteries. We truly appreciate your effort and understand the
importance of having a reliable portable charging solution for your upcoming trip to Kyrgyzstan. Unfortunately, after reviewing the specifications you've provided, I must inform you that our current Anker 737 powerbank, as well as our other power delivery powerbanks, are not fully compatible with the DJI Mavic 3 drone batteries. We recognize the inconvenience this may cause, especially as you prepare for your off-grid
adventure. Please rest assured that our product development team is aware of this limitation and is working diligently to improve compatibility in our future products. We hope to
resolve this issue soon and provide you with a portable charging solution that meets your needs. Should you have any further questions or if there's anything else we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to reach out. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and
we look forward to hearing from you again.
Warm regards,
Nana
TicketTND189517497
AnkerDirect Customer Support
For tutorial videos, FAQs, manuals, and more information, please visit Anker Support
Anker | Charge

Just in case I missed it, LiPo batteries are carryon luggage, and then only a certain capacity. They will not go in cargo hold. You need to check with to airline to make sure you can take whatever power bank you decide to purchase on the plane. I would hate to see you have to abandon it at the terminal.

Does not work on my M3Pro not enough current (just tested again) . Works on Mini series and all my HP Elite X2 field portables, Tablets will charge my S23 in 30-40 mins

I wonder if it works through the 3 way charging hub I did not buy that option

Last edited:
Does not work on my M3Pro not enough current (just tested again) . Works on Mini series and all my HP Elite X2 field portables, Tablets will charge my S23 in 30-40 mins
Thank you for that! I figure if it doesn't work on the M3P it probably won't work in the Mavic 3's big battery.
Dale

Thank you for that! I figure if it doesn't work on the M3P it probably won't work in the Mavic 3's big battery.
Dale
That still seems strange to me. How much current are the M3 am M3P batteries pulling?
How much power do you need from a wall charger to charge the brick?

I know they work for the smaller batteries, I don't have a Mavic 3, but I would think you would get at least 1 charge out of it.
As you can see in this photo... the 737 charged the air 3 batteries at a rate of almost 60 watts. It fully charged 2 of them from 40% and only charged the 3rd to around 50%. I am expecting the bigger Anker brick to do a complete charge of all 3 at 40%.
it should be rated for 140 watt max output on the two usb-c PD ports, but its only 18 watts on the usb-a port
IMG_0088.jpg

Last edited:
That still seems strange to me. How much current are the M3 am M3P batteries pulling?
How much power do you need from a wall charger to charge the brick?

I know they work for the smaller batteries, I don't have a Mavic 3, but I would think you would get at least 1 charge out of it.
As you can see in this photo... the 737 charged the air 3 batteries at a rate of almost 60 watts. It fully charged 2 of them from 40% and only charged the 3rd to around 50%. I am expecting the bigger Anker brick to do a complete charge of all 3 at 40%.
it should be rated for 140 watt max output on the two usb-c PD ports, but its only 18 watts on the usb-a port
DustyDJI
Here is a photo of one of my 3 DJI Mavic 3 batteries showing 5000mAh 77Wh (watt hours).

Here is also the American Airlines rules, maximum 2 batteries not exceeding 160 Wh (watt hours) each. I have three (3) batteries, each one 77 Watt hours (Wh) doesn't exceed 160Wh. It looks like it might be a go. What do you all think?
Here is my DJI Mavic 3 battery showing DJI Mavic 3 battery specification.jpgAmerican Airline Battery Regulation.png

DustyDJI
Here is a photo of one of my 3 DJI Mavic 3 batteries showing 5000mAh 77Wh (watt hours).

Here is also the American Airlines rules, maximum 2 batteries not exceeding 160 Wh (watt hours) each. I have three (3) batteries, each one 77 Watt hours (Wh) doesn't exceed 160Wh. It looks like it might be a go. What do you all think?

Here is my DJI Mavic 3 battery showing View attachment 174184View attachment 174185
That falls under the max output of those Anker bricks, and is why I don't understand the incompatibility... unless you are using the usb-a port.. even then, it would charge yet be slow about it.
Anker brick 737 is 20000 mah, 86.4 wh. The Anker 250 Watt prime is 27,650mAh 99.54Wh
Anything under 100 Wh is TSA approved. I would call the airline just in case though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078