DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

I Need Your Recommendations for Power Bank to charge Mavic 3 Batteries

Yes Dusty DJI
That would be great. Please give me a follow up tomorrow when you recharge the batteries.

[email protected]

So, update... this power bank can charge 2 Air 3 batteries from 40%. So maybe you should look at the larger Anker power bank.

The one I have works for me since I don't run batteries down very far and now I know I can at least charge 2 batteries full in about an hour and a half or so. The charge draw is at 59.4 watts for the air 3 batteries.
I actually thought it did a better job the first time around, but maybe the batteries more charge in them than I thought. This is the 3rd time I have used the charger for these drone batteries.

MS Coast- this is still a beast to carry on an airplane. I read the article re Chinese renminbi(Yuan) vs Japanese Yen. They are all the same to me as I convert them to USD on my app. I've done extensive travel in both China ( the entire country from east to west and north to south) , as well as Japan. They are both amazing places. We went to the Yunnan province all the way up to Tibet and the Nepalese border, as well as an extensive Japan tour. (different trips).
I may go for the $90.00 Anker shown here. I have a support call into Anker.

Dale Davis
View attachment 174055
MS Coast- this is still a beast to carry on an airplane. I read the article re Chinese renminbi(Yuan) vs Japanese Yen. They are all the same to me as I convert them to USD on my app. I've done extensive travel in both China ( the entire country from east to west and north to south) , as well as Japan. They are both amazing places. We went to the Yunnan province all the way up to Tibet and the Nepalese border, as well as an extensive Japan tour. (different trips).
I may go for the $90.00 Anker shown here. I have a support call into Anker.

Dale Davis
View attachment 174055

@Dale D, Search the comments for "DJI" and look at what folks have encountered charging DJI batteries.

That Anker unit weighs 630 grams. A Mavic 3 Pro battery weighs 335.5 grams. I suspect the energy density is about the same in both batteries. So, the Anker's capacity is going to be roughly equal to that of two Mavic 3 batteries. So, you might expect maybe four charges from 50% to 100%.

So, update... this power bank can charge 2 Air 3 batteries from 40%. So maybe you should look at the larger Anker power bank.

The one I have works for me since I don't run batteries down very far and now I know I can at least charge 2 batteries full in about an hour and a half or so. The charge draw is at 59.4 watts for the air 3 batteries.
I actually thought it did a better job the first time around, but maybe the batteries more charge in them than I thought. This is the 3rd time I have used the charger for these drone batteries.
You guys have all been great! What a pleasure being a participant in this forum is! Hope to be able to return the favor one day.

Dale

Reactions: mavic3usa
You guys have all been great! What a pleasure being a participant in this forum is! Hope to be able to return the favor one day.

Dale
I actually just ordered this upgraded bank from Anker along with the wireless base charger. 199.00 with discount, Steep, I know, but I will get a lot of usage out of it along with the one I already have. I will test and see if I can charge all 3 Air 3 batteries :). But mostly what I use a power bank for is my MacBook m3 pro, iPhone, and Nikon Z 6II camera out in the field and about.

I actually just ordered this upgraded bank from Anker along with the wireless base charger. 199.00 with discount, Steep, I know, but I will get a lot of usage out of it along with the one I already have. I will test and see if I can charge all 3 Air 3 batteries :). But mostly what I use a power bank for is my MacBook m3 pro, iPhone, and Nikon Z 6II camera out in the field and about.
Dusty DJI

I actually have a call into Anker support to get their opinion before I plop down my $.I am looking at this one;

Anker Prime 27,650 mAh power bank (250w). $179.99 on Amazon but reduced on Anker web site 15% to $153.00.

In Kyrgystan, I will be in tents, yurts, for days at a time, needing to charge my Nikon Z8 batteries, Mavic 3 batteries, DJI Action and DJI Pocket 3.

I know nothing about these numbers and which would be better or even harm my drone. Since it's Friday, I will have to wait for Monday when Anker opens up for business, but I have time before the trip in July.

Dale

Dusty DJI

I actually have a call into Anker support to get their opinion before I plop down my $.I am looking at this one;

Anker Prime 27,650 mAh power bank (250w). $179.99 on Amazon but reduced on Anker web site 15% to $153.00.

In Kyrgystan, I will be in tents, yurts, for days at a time, needing to charge my Nikon Z8 batteries, Mavic 3 batteries, DJI Action and DJI Pocket 3.

I know nothing about these numbers and which would be better or even harm my drone. Since it's Friday, I will have to wait for Monday when Anker opens up for business, but I have time before the trip in July.

Dale
That's the one I just purchased but also the wireless charger that can be used with it.
I can keep a Nikon Z6ii running for a full 12 hour day of shooting along with keeping my laptop charged and iPhone with the smaller Anker battery.. so this one should work really well as its almost 1/2 the power more plus twice the wattage.
Anker support has always been top notch when I have asked them anything. I use Anker now for the laptop dock as well.

Now I'm interesting in getting one!

I really like the 737, it's not a slouch, but I didn't know about the new 250 prime. That seems to pack a significant punch with the app and the wireless charger dock, it's a substantial upgrade. But the 737 is a really good power bank. Probably the best per $$ available

Last edited:
I really like the 737, it's not a slouch, but I didn't know about the new 250 prime. That seems to pack a significant punch with the app and the wireless charger dock, it's a substantial upgrade. But the 737 is a really good power bank. Probably the best per $$ available
Was almost about to buy the 737 as well but I couldn't pass up this deal:

Anker Prime 27,650mAh Power Bank (250W) × 1
Black
ADKq_NY-yUUiCGApy4qgj0hWGQ_QJWF5E6oI8BKY2IKkdBoxgfPJ9mnw4ZY7tdWJZkuFPa2VvaXDATG70GTS7dkP5QcWGGyUkmt0k7O_t0LSXIG0io9qMA3mvZnicMWMFbbOtpvlB-mijXbunl-v_Sdit3OidJgbkkMDG0n7_lWzISTxldw4VeXhSjRvvuqGsnNzq-i4bXOL-tR7_G8WpcIhLS5HjvUzROfTQ5F0zwIsPS7tNcrgjbr-xrQ=s0-d-e1-ft
ANKERLIVE17 (-$62.99)
$179.99
$117.00​
Subtotal
$117.00
Shipping
$0.00
Taxes
$10.95
Total
$127.95 USD
You saved $62.99​

Reactions: Dusty DJI
Was almost about to buy the 737 as well but I couldn't pass up this deal:

Anker Prime 27,650mAh Power Bank (250W) × 1
Black
ADKq_NY-yUUiCGApy4qgj0hWGQ_QJWF5E6oI8BKY2IKkdBoxgfPJ9mnw4ZY7tdWJZkuFPa2VvaXDATG70GTS7dkP5QcWGGyUkmt0k7O_t0LSXIG0io9qMA3mvZnicMWMFbbOtpvlB-mijXbunl-v_Sdit3OidJgbkkMDG0n7_lWzISTxldw4VeXhSjRvvuqGsnNzq-i4bXOL-tR7_G8WpcIhLS5HjvUzROfTQ5F0zwIsPS7tNcrgjbr-xrQ=s0-d-e1-ft
ANKERLIVE17 (-$62.99)
$179.99
$117.00​
Subtotal
$117.00
Shipping
$0.00
Taxes
$10.95
Total
$127.95 USD
You saved $62.99​
nice.

How are you going to chatge the power bank?
I use my cigar lighter in my car to charge or a 100watt charger at home. But if I were going out to the boonies for a week, I’d invest in two of these batteries and a solar charger. Charge one up while using one and keep rotating
They sell really affordable solar panels these days

I use my cigar lighter in my car to charge or a 100watt charger at home. But if I were going out to the boonies for a week, I’d invest in two of these batteries and a solar charger. Charge one up while using one and keep rotating
Sorry, the question was directed to Dale.

Unfortunately, Mavic 3 batteries are quite large, so charging them from a small battery bank is not ideal. When researching battery banks, definitely look at watt hour numbers, not milliamp hours, because the watt hour number tells you how much energy the battery can store, whereas milliamp hours tell you how much current the battery can put out for how long at its rated voltage, which obscures things a bit and makes comparisons more difficult (different batteries with different voltages may have different mAh ratings but the same actual energy capacity).
At 77Wh, the M3 batteries are nearing the capacity of most of the largest small battery banks you can buy. Even the larger of the two Anker ones mentioned previously is only 99Wh, meaning you could get about one full charge from 0-100% after efficiency losses, or probably around one and a half charges from 30% to full. Unfortunately, 99Wh is the largest battery you’re allowed to take on an airplane, so if you’re going to be flying anywhere that’s the best you’ll get from a battery you can bring with.
Some other good options are:
- Buying more M3 batteries (more charged batteries = more flight time)
- Buying more M3 car chargers (charging more batteries at once = shorter charging time during your car rides)
- Buying a solar panel array as suggested previously (you can charge the batteries without needing to actually carry the power with you)
- Buying a huge battery cart and charging the batteries with that. These are often intended to be used with solar panels, but they would serve your needs without the panels (this size of battery has the capacity to get you a reasonable number of charges, but they are huge, heavy, expensive, and not allowed on airplanes)
- Buying a Mini series drone and using your Mavic batteries or other batteries to keep it charged (smaller drone = smaller battery = easier to charge on the go. If you have the charging hub for the M3, I believe it can do USB output, and you could use that to charge Mini batteries. If each M3 battery is 77Wh, and even the largest Mini battery is 28Wh, you could hypothetically get two full charges out of each Mavic battery you have (remember, this is for the larger Mini batteries). That would be about 3 charges from 30% to full, per mavic 3 battery that you already have. After efficiency losses it probably wouldn’t be quite that many, but you get the idea. A Mini also makes all of the other options for charging easier, because smaller batteries simply require less energy to fill)
- Just charging your batteries from the car and running the car to keep the car battery from dying (definitely cheaper, might be slower, but overall probably doable unless you can’t run the car very much outside of driving)

If you intend taking a large LiPo powerbank on an aircraft, you need to ascertain the Wh (Watt-hour) rating. The Anker 27650mAh powerbank takes you over 100Wh and it is best to check with your airline before flying. Although the regulations say that you can transport up to two 101- 160Wh batteries, some airlines can be very awkward about this. On top of this the TSA security guys at the airport have the last say as to whether you can take them with you or not. IMHO using your vehicle to charge the drone batteries is the best solution but on a photography tour you will be competing with other members who will need to charge their camera batteries. If I was in your position, I would take a few more drone batteries and be selective as to what I filmed and re-charge from the mains when available. Have a wonderful trip!

Reactions: SethB
Be aware that airlines can and do have specific limitations on the allowable capacity of lithium batteries in the cabin, and usually zero in checked baggage.

(Oops, cross-posted with @Harbrimar above!)

Here's what I'm using. In my case, I'm running 8 batteries in succession on an all day job, and I'm using two 3-battery charging bases with it. I can keep up with usage and a normal day of mapping will leave with about 45% power left in the power station.

VTOMAN Jump 1800 Solar Generator with Panels Included, 1800W/1548Wh Durable LiFePO4 Portable Power Station with 1800W Constant-Power, Regulated 12V DC, PD 100W Type-C for Home Backup & RV/Van Camping Amazon.com

FYI, I'm not using the solar panels to charge it. They work, but they're not fast, and it's just not practical on my case. I can charge it at home in the evening before using it in the field the next day.

Just a note, if you're going to be using the same vehicle, I would recommend taking some spare automotive fuses. There's some discussion on the correct amperage of fuse, plenty say 10A to 15A, however my range rover takes a 20A fuse, (it still occasionally blows if I'm using tyre compressor), on the cigar lighter circuit so I'd take a few different sizes. Also remember that there are two physical sizes, mini (sometimes called micro) and regular so given you might not know what type of vehicle, I would take a few of each size.

If you get there and the vehicle fuse is blown or blows whilst you're somewhere remote, this would be very frustrating.

Just a note, if you're going to be using the same vehicle, I would recommend taking some spare automotive fuses. There's some discussion on the correct amperage of fuse, plenty say 10A to 15A, however my range rover takes a 20A fuse, (it still occasionally blows if I'm using tyre compressor), on the cigar lighter circuit so I'd take a few different sizes. Also remember that there are two physical sizes, mini (sometimes called micro) and regular so given you might not know what type of vehicle, I would take a few of each size.

If you get there and the vehicle fuse is blown or blows whilst you're somewhere remote, this would be very frustrating.

Here's what I'm using. In my case, I'm running 8 batteries in succession on an all day job, and I'm using two 3-battery charging bases with it. I can keep up with usage and a normal day of mapping will leave with about 45% power left in the power station.

VTOMAN Jump 1800 Solar Generator with Panels Included, 1800W/1548Wh Durable LiFePO4 Portable Power Station with 1800W Constant-Power, Regulated 12V DC, PD 100W Type-C for Home Backup & RV/Van Camping Amazon.com

FYI, I'm not using the solar panels to charge it. They work, but they're not fast, and it's just not practical on my case. I can charge it at home in the evening before using it in the field the next day.

I believe the OP was looking for something that he could travel with. That said, the one you describe would not be allowed on airplanes. That’s why I suggested the anker power bank. You could get several for the price of that generator
According to the TSA…
Carry-on Baggage Limit - 100 watt-hours (27027.03 mAh ) per battery

Or

Special Approval Spare Battery Limit - Max quantity 2 - 160 watt-hours (43,243.24mAh) batteries

38.5 pounds?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J