DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poll: Restricted flight in Firmware .800

Are you ok with the new firmware flight restrictions?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

mpa

Reactions
Just a quick poll to see what the mavic community thinks about the new firmwares flight restrictions. Feel free to post how you feel DJI approach to NFZ to make the mavic safer.

I live in Staten Island NY, we have huge limit for flying. But it's still some areas to fly.
Yesterday I was flying over the lake, and software just showed me that I entered nfz
Without giving me a choice it start landing my drone directly into the water. 20 seconds and the Mavic pro is underwater. Can anyone give me advice for the future, what needs to be done to avoid situation like this?
Any advice would be fine.
Also we had a temporary restrictions on flying but I was able to get waiver but
It still didn't help to land it on the ground.
Thank you.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170611-143054.png
    Screenshot_20170611-143054.png
    734.3 KB · Views: 471
Reactions: Hawk and Pdxpaul
I live in Staten Island NY, we have huge limit for flying. But it's still some areas to fly.
Yesterday I was flying over the lake, and software just showed me that I entered nfz
Without giving me a choice it start landing my drone directly into the water. 20 seconds and the Mavic pro is underwater. Can anyone give me advice for the future, what needs to be done to avoid situation like this?
Thank you.

One easy way would be for DJI to superimpose the nfz map onto the live map so we know easier if we're in a warning/restricted/NFZ or close to one...

Thank you.
The drone is supposed to hover not land i would be contacting DJi if you have not done so already

Haven't seen any NFZ in my setup, using old App/old OEM FW./////Saul Good!!!!

Its kind of hard to imagine how anyone could be OK with added after sale restrictions on a products usage.

I fly with common sense, so if I make a mistake I pay the price. This seems to have worked great for us RC guys for decades!
Somehow even though we did not have RC manufactures creating hardware usage restrictions the hobby survived and still thrives.

Rob

@musya I can understand the frustrations and annoyance when something like this happens.
Although I have updated and have no problems I totally agree that there should be something in the programming to actually trigger a return to home or stop you physically entering a NFZ in the first place if MP is up in the air.
Not clear but I take it you lost your Drone?

Reactions: Bergumbira
Its kind of hard to imagine how anyone could be OK with added after sale restrictions on a products usage.

I fly with common sense, so if I make a mistake I pay the price. This seems to have worked great for us RC guys for decades!
Somehow even though we did not have RC manufactures creating hardware usage restrictions the hobby survived and still thrives.

Rob

You say that if you make a mistake you pay the price, but let's suppose your action results in the death of 10 people?

Why should they pay the price because of your selfish actions?

Maybe time to think of others and not just yourself?

Reactions: Prop_Nut
You say that if you make a mistake you pay the price, but let's suppose your action results in the death of 10 people?

Why should they pay the price because of your selfish actions?

Maybe time to think of others and not just yourself?

Why not cut the hypothetical BS and get back to the real world!
You and I are 100 times more likely to have a tire blow out and collide into on coming traffic than our drones killing 10 people. Has a Hobby Drone ever killed anybody?(Not including the war regions)

By far this has got to be the stupidest argument I have heard as to why someone should upgrade and get the DJI nanny service. "Don't be selfish let DJI handle the flying for you":rolleyes:

Last edited:
Why not cut the hypothetical BS and get back to the real world!
You and I are 100 times more likely to have a tire blow out and collide into on coming traffic than our drones killing 10 people. Has a Hobby Drone ever killed anybody?(Not including the war regions)

By far this has got to be the stupidest argument I have heard as to why someone should upgrade and get the DJI nanny service. "Don't be selfish let DJI handle the flying for you":rolleyes:

He is talking about the real world. Two joysticks and a toy don't make you a pilot. Aeronautical Decision Making is the key to flight safety, and part of that is recognizing hazardous attitudes such as yours. Please do the aviation community a favor, put your drone away and never attempt to fly a real aircraft. I don't think you would get far anyway, the "nanny" FAA, flight instructors and designated pilot examiners don't take too kindly to those who think they know better than everybody else.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Electrakill21