DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Poor Video Quality

mminardi

Reactions
Hope someone can help, the video displays like this on my phone while live as well. I have no idea if it's defective or just me. I have tried recording on 4K and 1080 and I have also tried MP4 and MOV.

All the same output.

Please help.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3 - New Props

Last edited:
Well then it's not that. Looks like a sensor problem with the Mavic. It may need replacing. Is your shutter speed too high? Are any camera settings manual?

Well then it's not that. Looks like a sensor problem with the Mavic. It may need replacing. Is your shutter speed too high? Are any camera settings manual?

I have it set to auto, when I was changing the video settings I did see the ISO at 400.

Reduce the shutter speed and ISO and see if that fixes it. If not, it's probably a sensor issue.

Hope someone can help, the video displays like this on my phone while live as well. I have no idea if it's defective or just me. I have tried recording on 4K and 1080 and I have also tried MP4 and MOV.

All the same out out.

Please help.

Video 1

Video 2

Just tried it again, still the same issue, it didn't matter what ISO or Shutter same issue. Any other suggestions?

All the same out out.

Please help.

Video 1

Video 2

I have also just tried to replace all the propellers, in case one or more had an issue causing the gimbal to not operate smoothly. But the same result.

I would suggest a recalibration in the DJI GO4 app of the gimbal and reset all the gimbal settings. If that doesn't improve things I would try refreshing the firmware on your Mavic and on your controller. If that doesn't work I am afraid you will have to send it in. Hope it works out for you.

Happy Flying
Breswky

I would suggest a recalibration in the DJI GO4 app of the gimbal and reset all the gimbal settings. If that doesn't improve things I would try refreshing the firmware on your Mavic and on your controller. If that doesn't work I am afraid you will have to send it in. Hope it works out for you.

Happy Flying
Breswky

Thanks Brewsky666, I just tried and had the same result.

Sorry that I could not have been of any help.

Maybe someone else has a bright idea...

A couple of things that may resolve your issue.

1) Only shoot in 2.7K & 4K 24/30, You can shoot in 1080p but never above 30FPS.
2) Get yourself some ND Filters, you'll need them anyway and from the looks of things, they may resolve the jello issue. Many people have experienced this and ND Filters resolved their issue.
3) If you have the money, return that one and buy a brand new one. It may be quicker for you to just buy another one, instead of waiting for them to repair that one. Plus, it's brand new, you shouldn't have to be sending it in for repair.

2) Get yourself some ND Filters, you'll need them anyway and from the looks of things, they may resolve the jello issue. Many people have experienced this and ND Filters resolved their issue.
3) If you have the money, return that one and buy a brand new one. It may be quicker for you to just buy another one, instead of waiting for them to repair that one. Plus, it's brand new, you shouldn't have to be sending it in for repair.

I just requested a replacement from amazon and in the mean time I am trying to resolve the issue. I have ordered the DJI ND filters and i am just waiting for them to arrive, they take forever. How will the filters correct the shuttering effect? Just curious here. I Have used the 2 setting and still no change in the result.

Lmao

Are you serious?.
ND filters will not fix this.

To the poster.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is likely a sensor issue and will only get fixed by sending back to DJI for replacement or repair.

I just sent mine off this week.
Video issues here we well but not as bad as yours.

I have seen another post on YouTube where guy has same issue as you and it has been determined that he needs to send it back.

It seems there are lots of Mavic issues popping up unfortunately

They won't fix the issue.

Once you get your new Mavic Filters are a good idea to have to reduce light into sensor so you can run proper shutter speed for cinematic and natural looking video.

For example if you shoot at 24 frames per second you should have the shutter at 1/50 of a second. This means you will have to shoot in manual mode and not auto.

30 fps would require 1\60 shutter speed

Filters help reduce light so the image is not over exposed

I just requested a replacement from amazon and in the mean time I am trying to resolve the issue. I have ordered the DJI ND filters and i am just waiting for them to arrive, they take forever. How will the filters correct the shuttering effect? Just curious here. I Have used the 2 setting and still no change in the result.

Reactions: mminardi

All the same output.

Please help.

Video 1

Video 2

Video 3 - New Props
No. That's NOT normal. Send it back. I have some spectacular video in snow with sun and NO filters. Not a filter issue.

They won't fix the issue.

Once you get your new Mavic Filters are a good idea to have to reduce light into sensor so you can run proper shutter speed for cinematic and natural looking video.

For example if you shoot at 24 frames per second you should have the shutter at 1/50 of a second. This means you will have to shoot in manual mode and not auto.

30 fps would require 1\60 shutter speed

Filters help reduce light so the image is not over exposed

Thanks for the info!! Much appreciated.

Reactions: razors
Lmao

Are you serious?.
ND filters will not fix this.

To the poster.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this is likely a sensor issue and will only get fixed by sending back to DJI for replacement or repair.

I just sent mine off this week.
Video issues here we well but not as bad as yours.

I have seen another post on YouTube where guy has same issue as you and it has been determined that he needs to send it back.

It seems there are lots of Mavic issues popping up unfortunately

I also have this problem and 1/4 the video on mine is blurry. Being sent back Monday for repair or replacement. That's why I bought 2 mavics so I have a backup LOL

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: mminardi
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky