DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Possible bodywork fault

scooot

Reactions
My mini 3 arrived yesterday but after unboxing I noticed 2 small raised bumps on the top body.These are situated just behind the sensors towards the middle.They don’t show on photo but with the drone being a lot of money it needs to be right.
Is this normal.?
Thanks

Last edited:
Press on the area as if to push the top part together with the bottom half. I think they are just clipped/snapped with clips around there, if I remember correctly from a teardown vid'?

Press on the area as if to push the top part together with the bottom half. I think they are just clipped/snapped with clips around there, if I remember correctly from a teardown
My mini 3 arrived yesterday but after unboxing I noticed 2 small raised bumps on the top body.These are situated just behind the sensors towards the middle.They don’t show on photo but with the drone being a lot of money it needs to be right.
Is this normal.?
Thanks
Thanks for the quick reply.Everything is together properly.These bumps seem to be moulded in to the shell rather than the shell not sitting correctly.

@scooot are you referring the shape of the housing around the forwards facing sensors ,the sensor lens is perfectly round but the housing is not ,if thats what you mean then its all fine ,nothing to worry about

Reactions: scooot
@scooot are you referring the shape of the housing around the forwards facing sensors ,the sensor lens is perfectly round but the housing is not ,if thats what you mean then its all fine ,nothing to worry about
Hi,
Managed to get a picture that slightly shows what I’m referring to.The 2 raised lumps within the black circle.

Attachments

• 08CC46AE-AA83-43E2-8405-57AD49FB9E41.jpeg
    08CC46AE-AA83-43E2-8405-57AD49FB9E41.jpeg
    115.7 KB · Views: 50
Reactions: old man mavic
Looks odd...just send DJI a message. Nothing to worry about I would've thought and just seems to be the plastic has deformed during molding or however they manufacture them.
Mine shows the same deformaties over the top but in different spots.

mine is the same, its a trick of the light ,as it reflects off the casing, and depending where the light is coming from casts a different shadow

Nothing to worry here to be frank, except you want to worry. 😆
As @old man mavic points out, that is mostly of the light or do you feel any bumps with your finger?

I would fly the thing and not worry about any minor bump. It just looks absolutely normal.

EDIT: Now I have the same. The chassis is very thin and a bit flimsy to reduce the weight but sturdy enough for the flights. Just enjoy your drone. ;)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_