DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Potential fallout from lawbreaker?

@PeteTheJack ,please refrain from political comments on the forum thanks ,we are all fed up with the restrictions ,but this forum is not the place to air them
Sorry just stating the facts. I'm not in favour of people being encouraged to inform on their neighbors for breaking the rules, is all I'm saying. That goes for any part of the UK. I uphold the right of others to have different views, as long as there is no abuse.

@PeteTheJack ,you are perfectly entitled to your views on the subject of government policy,and there is nothing wrong with that
i was just asking that you dont use this forum to air those views

@PeteTheJack ,you are perfectly entitled to your views on the subject of government policy,and there is nothing wrong with that
i was just asking that you dont use this forum to air those views
The original comment which I addressed was " report him to the CAA and local police, secretly, if he was flying illegally!" Certain governments in the UK (Not Westminster) have promoted a policy of informing on your neighbors. I don't accept that our citizens should behave like those in Eastern Germany, during the STASI era. If discouraging that is political, then so is encouraging it.

As far as I'm concerned, that is the end of the matter.

Ultimately in the UK if you report someone for a drone offence (or assault, vandalism, arson etc) the police wont bother at all.
If you report them for illegally sitting on a bench or getting a haircut they'll be there in 30 seconds with every single resource the force has.

In reality, if you do report, the best option is likely the CAA who can then refer it to the police.

When people break existing laws, the solution isn't to make tougher laws.
Oh these days that seems to be the ONLY solution politicians offer.

And the answer to the very first question is... most definitely. Irresponsible behavior by one always trickles down to the rest of us. The drone community needs to be more like the 2M community in the US. Self policing and kinda militant. They are always aware that one person abusing broadcast privileges could end the entire hobby for EVERYONE.

Long ago studies showed that in noncapital crimes the probability of getting caught violating a law or regulation, and Not really the penalty, was the deterrent.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure