DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre Launch Positioning

the.ronin

Reactions
Can I confirm that the Mavic Air does not have to be sitting on level ground immediately after you turn it on? (Providing that it is impossible to turn it on while it is on solid ground given the location of the on switch on the battery.) I could not find this in the manual or in forum posts.

The reason I ask is that the P1 had to be on level ground when connecting the lipo (power switches were too baller for us back then lol) since it evidently did a "mini" IMU calibration on power up. This was specifically mentioned by Colin Guinn (sp?) in one of his ealy iconic DJI tutorial videos.

I also ask because this has some implications on quick launches being able to have the drone powered up before you even got to the take off site.

You can always hand launch so I would not see a reason to set it on unlevel ground when you can just hand launch. Also if you power up and move to a different location to launch then you will want to update your home point.

Yes thats true! I'd of that as another reason why this thing wouldn't be doing any sort of IMU calibration at startup - handlaunching wouldnt work then.

For now I still prefer to land launch ... the props scare me to be honest lol.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maccer