DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pretty Crappy -warning

HappyHours

Reactions
Went to purchase Mavic care and found out that you only have 48 hours to purchase the product. Didn’t buy it when I registered even though it was offered but they failed to mention that your opportunity expires in 48 hours. They could maybe tell you that up front or offer it if you missed the window with a probationary period or something...

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to the forum .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
0rojyyg-png.57066

Went to purchase Mavic care and found out that you only have 48 hours to purchase the product. Didn’t buy it when I registered even though it was offered but they failed to mention that your opportunity expires in 48 hours. They could maybe tell you that up front or offer it if you missed the window with a probationary period or something...

We hear from posters who've used Carefresh but I imagine the percentage of flyers who use the coverage is pretty low. It's a waste of dollars for most except for some piece of mind. If you have a crash then the coverage is great but what if you don't crash? If you're planning on flying near trees or building on a regular basis & like to test your skills then you'll eventually have a crash. However, if you'll normally fly above the trees/buildings & are smart then there's a good chance you'll never have a crash. In addition, if you can't locate your drone after it crashes then the insurance is no good.

DJI should send out a message 24 hrs after you register giving you more info on the insurance & a link to buy Carefresh.

Reactions: HappyHours
My drone crashed for no apparent reason, DJI warrantied the drone and sent me a replacement then they offered DJI care refresh for $99 for a year. They said I had 72 hours to purchase it I believe it was longer than 72 hours and I did purchase it but I'm wondering if they would take my money and tell me I was too late to purchase it. So if they charge me for it I should be good to go and covered correct?

Lonz

Reactions: Bwoody321
I purchased insurance through State Farm, no deductible, it was $33.00 a year in Pennsylvania.

Reactions: Lonniex
My drone crashed for no apparent reason, DJI warrantied the drone and sent me a replacement then they offered DJI care refresh for $99 for a year. They said I had 72 hours to purchase it I believe it was longer than 72 hours and I did purchase it but I'm wondering if they would take my money and tell me I was too late to purchase it. So if they charge me for it I should be good to go and covered correct?

Lonz
I bought 1that was a refresh replacement had not been used got for a spare . It had opinion to get refresh when I activated it. So I ordered an they charged me but never activated it .I had to call they said it was not available for my drone cause the original drone had refresh an was used twice so they refunded money.this was before they started the refresh +. So point is they will sent a email to confirm it is active if not you need to call

Lonz

Apologies for the silly question but do you get warranty anyway and if so does that cover crashes caused by you accidentally or just malfunction crashes. Also, does dji care cover both as well

I'm new at this only six months in but my crash was not my fault it just mysteriously fell out of the sky, I sent in flight logs for them to analyze data of what may have happened yet they didn't tell me they just sent me a new unit. So the warranty would only cover one replacement I believe, DJI care refresh covers if you crash it or a malfunction occurs so it kinda is a good deal but then again another person said they went through Allstate and it was only $33 a year with no deductible oh, that would be amazing. I would imagine that your Allstate policy would go up in price after 1 or 2 crashes.
Lonz

Reactions: Bwoody321
I'm new at this only six months in but my crash was not my fault it just mysteriously fell out of the sky, I sent in flight logs for them to analyze data of what may have happened yet they didn't tell me they just sent me a new unit. So the warranty would only cover one replacement I believe, DJI care refresh covers if you crash it or a malfunction occurs so it kinda is a good deal but then again another person said they went through Allstate and it was only $33 a year with no deductible oh, that would be amazing. I would imagine that your Allstate policy would go up in price after 1 or 2 crashes.
Lonz

Ok makes sense now. Thanks a lot and sorry to hear about your crash

After a few weeks after activation, DJI sent me an email that the app supposedly didn't give me a prompt to offer Refresh, so I had 72 hrs from receipt of the email to do so without going through the video process.

I'm glad I did, I'm a bit clutsy.

I purchased insurance through State Farm, no deductible, it was $33.00 a year in Pennsylvania.
That's a gift, it is normally between $60 and $65 from drone insurance everywhere else through State Farm. Wonder why yours is so cheap?

Lonz

Ummm, don't you mean another person said State Farm ?? Or is there also another person somewhere who has insured through Allstate in addition to the guy with State Farm at $33?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki