DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Probably a Dumb gimbal question

ooberwoot

Reactions
So I'm thinking that my gimbal problem has got to be human error. Not goona lie.

I sent my previous mavic back for warranty repairs for several reasons, but one of them was what I thought and DJI thought was a gimbal issue.

My gimbal, during slow flight, gimbal at any level, randomly reboots. As in, i'm flying, recording, and randomly, the thing will stop recording and perform the gimbal calibration mid flight. When it's done calibrating, it'll throw all my camera settings out the window. After i get everything reset, and start flying again, everything seems fine, until WHAM! Calibration during flight. On the display it looks like a bird strike, or the mav is falling out of the sky, but look up, it's sitting there, perfectly fine.

Now my previous mav did that, and now my current one is doing that. Yes, i've reset all the gimbal settings/camera settings, imu, firmware refresh, etc. The only thing I haven't done is the vision stuff, because honestly that don't sound like it plays an effect.

Anyone have any insight into this?

So I'm thinking that my gimbal problem has got to be human error. Not goona lie.

I sent my previous mavic back for warranty repairs for several reasons, but one of them was what I thought and DJI thought was a gimbal issue.

My gimbal, during slow flight, gimbal at any level, randomly reboots. As in, i'm flying, recording, and randomly, the thing will stop recording and perform the gimbal calibration mid flight. When it's done calibrating, it'll throw all my camera settings out the window. After i get everything reset, and start flying again, everything seems fine, until WHAM! Calibration during flight. On the display it looks like a bird strike, or the mav is falling out of the sky, but look up, it's sitting there, perfectly fine.

Now my previous mav did that, and now my current one is doing that. Yes, i've reset all the gimbal settings/camera settings, imu, firmware refresh, etc. The only thing I haven't done is the vision stuff, because honestly that don't sound like it plays an effect.

Anyone have any insight into this?

Check to make sure the fw in the RC and Aircraft are the same. If your Mav is running, let's say, .400, your remote should be in the fw, .400. Check that and let us know, an screen shot would help.

Check to make sure the fw in the RC and Aircraft are the same. If your Mav is running, let's say, .400, your remote should be in the fw, .400. Check that and let us know, an screen shot would help.
Firmware of both rc and mav are .600

Some have reported a flaky sd card can cause this as well...
That's possible too from what I've read. Now that you say that, it usually does it with my samsung 64gb card. I'll try the 16gb card it came with and see if that corrects the issue. Thanks. I'll report back if problem still persists.

How do you update the controller? I plugged it into my pc with the dji assistance like i have my mavic but nothing ever came up. When i first got it a month ago i updated it to .500 amd it never said or showed anything about the rc, same thing with the go 4 app. Currently mavic has .550, had a weird issue yesterday flying the gimbal kinda floated around and then was crooked a few degrees so i landed it and did a gimbal calibration and it was level again. Any ideas? Maybe firmware issue? Yesterday was the first real time i have flew it beside my backyard and never seen that issue before. Also i am using a 64gb extreme pro card.

Honestly, i updated my controller by plugging it into my imac, and used dji assistant 2 software. When I opened the software, logged in, clicked on the rc button, it gave me all the available firmwares. Updated without issue.

As far as your gimbal, i honestly have zero clue. I'd try formatting your sd card, and since you just did your calibration, i'd test the piss out of it, and see if you can replicate the issue. Also try updating your firmware on your bird and rc. I never use the dji go app to update anything. Seems to flaky. Use your computer. Also, i'm sure you know, but make sure your devices are powered on after you plug them in to get your computer to see it.

Side note: I'm from WA too... Spokane area.... u?

Im assuming the controller updates when you update the firmware with the DJI Go app....is this correct?

Reactions: k3vnnyork
Honestly, i updated my controller by plugging it into my imac, and used dji assistant 2 software. When I opened the software, logged in, clicked on the rc button, it gave me all the available firmwares. Updated without issue.

As far as your gimbal, i honestly have zero clue. I'd try formatting your sd card, and since you just did your calibration, i'd test the piss out of it, and see if you can replicate the issue. Also try updating your firmware on your bird and rc. I never use the dji go app to update anything. Seems to flaky. Use your computer. Also, i'm sure you know, but make sure your devices are powered on after you plug them in to get your computer to see it.

Side note: I'm from WA too... Spokane area.... u?
Hi, im down by tri cities! Thanks for thw tips, i didnt know the rc needed plugged into the mavic to update. Also with all the horror stories about .600 im not sure i want to update yet lol

Hi, im down by tri cities! Thanks for thw tips, i didnt know the rc needed plugged into the mavic to update. Also with all the horror stories about .600 im not sure i want to update yet lol
No no no... lol. The rc don't need to be plugged into the mavic... it should be plugged into the computer... lol. I'm thinking of rolling back to .550 or 500... we'll see what happens.

I plugged the rc into my pc using the rc charge cable, nothing comes up just the screen telling me to plug it in on the assistant program.

Run Assist first plug the remote into computer USB2 and turn on the remote it will take about 10 seconds and then you should see the usb plug in on the screen, then it should say mavic rc click that should be good to go

ok thanks bintryin, just tried it and work, not sure what happened before, maybe I forgot to power the rc on lol

ok firmware shows same.550, not sure if I should downgrade to .500 or upgrade to the new one.

ok thanks bintryin, just tried it and work, not sure what happened before, maybe I forgot to power the rc on lol

ok firmware shows same.550, not sure if I should downgrade to .500 or upgrade to the new one.
Mine worked fine on .550 but i went back to .400 because I was so Pissed at the damage that this .600 did

No no no... lol. The rc don't need to be plugged into the mavic... it should be plugged into the computer... lol. I'm thinking of rolling back to .550 or 500... we'll see what happens.

If you are going to roll back stay away from .500/.550, there is an issue with Litchi and Autopilot, .400 seemed to be pretty stable.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jlhdez