DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Proof that the 0797 Mavic 2 Pro Update works with 3rd Party waypoint apps

Thank you for this test, because once you updated there was no going back. I appreciate you risking your drone for all us M2P owners.

Still I am curious; if SDKs still work as you have shown, why wouls DJI tell us that it will no longer work with their own GS Pro? If you are so inclined, I would be interested in those test results.

I sure wish he was correct, but mine doesn't work that way. All my software versions are the same, but litchi looks like it's ready to go and even says the "location has been updated please check it on the map" thing, but after that error code 180 contact DJI support.
20231128_095236.jpg
See the warning box in photo. Right after I took this picture I closed litchi and opened go4. It took about 15 seconds to get the satellites and the bar turned green. I did the normal sticks to start the motors, and took off without issue. So on my smart controller the RID is working fine and it flies great with go4. However, litchi which I have many missions setup for, is no longer functional.

• Sad
Reactions: Recoveryone
Thank you for this test, because once you updated there was no going back. I appreciate you risking your drone for all us M2P owners.

Still I am curious; if SDKs still work as you have shown, why wouls DJI tell us that it will no longer work with their own GS Pro? If you are so inclined, I would be interested in those test results.

There's a difference between a legacy aircraft still working with the SDK and new models that are not supported by it.

Chris

I sure wish he was correct, but mine doesn't work that way. All my software versions are the same, but litchi looks like it's ready to go and even says the "location has been updated please check it on the map" thing, but after that error code 180 contact DJI support.
View attachment 170603
See the warning box in photo. Right after I took this picture I closed litchi and opened go4. It took about 15 seconds to get the satellites and the bar turned green. I did the normal sticks to start the motors, and took off without issue. So on my smart controller the RID is working fine and it flies great with go4. However, litchi which I have many missions setup for, is no longer functional.
All I can offer is to reinstall the update again. Now, I keep hearing people saying that they side loaded the Go4 app, which is not necessary as the app version on the SC is 3.4.57 unlike the phone/tablet app 3.4.60.

From a post from a FB group, had a conversation with a DJI rep/bot that said that the Mavic 2 Pro was not designed to work as a mapping drone, thus the statement of it will not work with GSPro. That statement is actually true by certain standards. Mapping is base on measurables data that can be used to conduct calculations, The M2P does not support those parameters. 1. it does not have a mechanical shutter 2. Does not support RTK 3. If not using GCP's set by surveyor makes any 2d/3d modeling non-usable from a engineering stand point. The electronic shutter on the M2P causes roll off at the edges of each shots resulting in less accurate 2/D Othormosaic rendering. From the post I have read most are upset that DJI doesn't recognize the M2P as a mapping drone. Many have used the M2P for projects asking for 2D orthor's but those would only be considered progress reporting and not actual mapping in accordance with engineering standards.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d