DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Protecting Platinum Prop Tips on your Mavic?

Last edited:
I got them like everyone else when they were announced porto
Just to see .And was what I expected just a different pitch in sound as I can hear my mavic when going long in RTH at 1200' where I fly .
I mean it's quiet in those hills . I can hear bird eggshells breaking up on that ridge in the spring .
It's nice being in the country without all the noise . ;)

Hope some property is for sale out there when I retire 18 years from now - sounds like a nice place to live!

Reactions: dirkclod
It is and I love it now, Have lived all over from Seattle ,LA and all over the east coast when I was younger but now older all the noise and
crime like there I just don't care for no more . NFZ's and all the people
I just don't need .The south does have it's issues but not like big cities .
I found when I left the east coast and went to the west coast that we were 10 years behind them. Here it's 10 years behind the east coast .
Would love to live in some of the places I see video's posted here but
it is what it is now . So me just video tree's and what we have . :)

It is and I love it now, Have lived all over from Seattle ,LA and all over the east coast when I was younger but now older all the noise and
crime like there I just don't care for no more . NFZ's and all the people
I just don't need .The south does have it's issues but not like big cities .
I found when I left the east coast and went to the west coast that we were 10 years behind them. Here it's 10 years behind the east coast .
Would love to live in some of the places I see video's posted here but
it is what it is now . So me just video tree's and what we have . :)

Might be behind but you can still visit, and when you've had enough of the big cities you can still go back home to your quiet town again. I live in a small town as well. Big cities big crime with it. If there is a string of burglaries here (not common), eventually they get caught. Either they aren't from here, or, they are from here, and brag or whatever. Or get easily recognized by a victim.

Reactions: dirkclod
Hi everyone, my first post and a question. I am a new MP owner and wanted to try some of the quieter props, so bought some platinum ones. When attached on the rear, one side hits the mavic slightly on rotation where the old prod didn't. I know these are slightly longer with that different tip, and I suspect it will raise up when there is some wind under it, but do you think this could damage my MP over time?

View media item 1415

@Bugzy, are you sure you're using OEM DJI props?

The props should easily clear the aircraft.

Props-8330-Vs-8331-Rear-Clearance.jpg

Last edited:
Ok thanks. I will see what this seller says and look at that. The ones I bought were $15 for 4 sets instead of $15 each set, but if they don't work they may as well be free and still not worth a dime.

Reactions: KiterTodd
I agree after testing on my MP, I don’t think they are really worth using. To fragile for one. The noise loss is barely noticeable. The flight characteristics in wind is not as stable. All of this is my opinion

Is the wind stability actually an issue or is it just hearsay? Do you have proof that you can link?

Is the wind stability actually an issue or is it just hearsay? Do you have proof that you can link?

MPP is perfectly stable in high winds, just as much as the MP I had.

I'm not sure if the standard MP needs an IMU calibration to properly use the new low-noise props, but some people are reporting that after an IMU calibration, their MP is perfectly stable with the new props.

The ones I bought were $15 for 4 sets instead of $15 each set, but if they don't work they may as well be free and still not worth a dime.
For that price differential, I'd say they're obvious fakes. And bad fakes if the dimensions are that far off.
The blades keep your thousand-dollar Mavic in the air; I can't imagine buying something that seems too good to be true.

I'm not sure if the standard MP needs an IMU calibration to properly use the new low-noise props
FWIW, my MP has been flying just fine with the MPP props without an IMU calibration.

Hi everyone, my first post and a question. I am a new MP owner and wanted to try some of the quieter props, so bought some platinum ones. When attached on the rear, one side hits the mavic slightly on rotation where the old prod didn't...
I'll echo the comments that it could be an issue with non-OEM props. It does appear, though, that they are just dropped down. Do they hit when you power it up? Perhaps just a slight bend from storage. My MPP props are definitely more pliable then the original ones. The elastic strap I use on the mavic seems to put a slight bend in the tips but doesn't seem to affect flight.

You can buy a strap here on Amazon.
Thanks. I have something similar. Thought there was a prop tip specific product I was missing.

I'd agree that this type of strap works well and seems to keep props protected in the bag. I'll just keep my tips folded inside the rear feet now that I know there is an issue.

My white Mavic Pro arrived out of the box with one of the normal bottom prop tip a little bent, about 1mm. I though it might just be it pushing against the heat sink fins at the bottom when shipped in the box. I just fashioned some prop sleeves for my top and bottom props to keep them in place and makes it easier to slip into the carry bag. I don’t like it that when folded, the Mavic actually rests on the props at the rear motors.

Do I need a firmware update to use the new props?
I’ve ordered some but I’ve kept my Mavic on old firmware prior to the NFZ update, downside is I don’t get the new modes etc, but I can fly it anywhere .

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ldh02111