DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PSA: DO NOT install DJI Go4 version 4.1.4 on Android if you get it!!

Thank you Guys!!
I just tried & loaded Litchi with no issues, no lag & no blackouts, yippee!!
R

Last edited:
Okay fellas, well I ran through a couple more batteries in another location and no problems. Including the app crashes I was having in the previous version.

So I updated mine and so far everything looks great after a about 10 minutes of flying. No problems so far.

Don't have to nag. Disabled auto update :p

I was thinking that too... You can disable auto update on any app. I personally have my phone set to update only on WIFI so it's not that big of a problem for me. The firmware update got me a little because I didn't realize you had to update the batteries as well! It felt like the **** thing was wanting to update every time I flew but it was just the different batteries! Hahaha!

I just flew two full batteries on my Galaxy TabPRO 8.4 on 4.1.4 with no issues whatsoever...FWIW.

LP

Thanks for the updates on people brave enough to try the latest 4.1.4 I might risk it and update to see what happens.

Yesterday I created a post talking about issues I had on Sunday after Saturday's update (Scrambled/laggy image at all times, all distances...). It turned out to be that nobody was receiving that update on Saturday, even on my father's phone it was still installing version 4.1.3.
I have asked in many places, and so far I've found a few more users with different devices that have received the update and are suffering the same issues.

Asked DJI they have replied that:

"The Android version 4.1.4 has not been released officially, only a small part of customers are available to download the test version in Google Play Store. We are working on it to improve the customer experience when it is officially released."

]
I used to get crashes all the time and missed several filming days because of it now IV found if I put the usb in last once drone and controls have connected,it can get in every time with out issue.iv got oukitell k6000 pro android 6.0 and running version .3 not 4

As it appears that there are now at least two 4.1.4 variants (1025428 and 2025428), is there a way to check which variant is installed on my S6?

Last time I flew four days ago, the app was utterly useless, with the aforementioned problems with lagging and scrambling image.

Ps. Auto-update disabled for now.

str455n, what is the reason for a blank post reporting just a quote? Just asking, since I see it happening also outside of this particular forum

As it appears that there are now at least two 4.1.4 variants (1025428 and 2025428), is there a way to check which variant is installed on my S6?

Last time I flew four days ago, the app was utterly useless, with the aforementioned problems with lagging and scrambling image.

Ps. Auto-update disabled for now.

You're right: "at least" 2 versions, maybe 3. They first let it out totally bloated, then took it off from the stores and made another bloated one, then some confusion between iOS and Android and another one hit my friend's iPhone and it was bloated also. Now he's waiting for something stable... I for myself have my phone luckyly off since I stopped using the Mavic 2 weeks ago, and waiting to see if things calm down and a stable one exits for Android, and it seems this happened between monday and yesterday. Will see

Lucky you! That was exactly my issue but I cannot get back to 4.1.3, it still downloads 4.1.4 from the store. To disable automatic updates, search the app on google play, click on the three dots of the upper right corner, untick the option to auto update.
My problem too - wish I'd known I could disable auto updates beforehand......THAT'S A GREAT TIP FOR ANYONE NOT WANTING TO UPDATE! Haven't tried it out yet but looks like nothing has changed for the Mavic Pro? Had 0 problems with the 4.1.3 version so hopefully none with the 4.1.4 that just auto updated!

well now i see i'm not the only one frustrated...

same issue, just got my mavic and installed the app. it installed the 4.1.4 on my Nexus 6p running android v 7.1.2

the first day (yesterday) it just kept disconnecting every few min.
today i went through one battery and it ran fine, got the second one out and it didnt work at all.

I also installed litchi after reading about. **** thing wouldnt even connect to the remote, got a refund and am doing more reading now.

I uninstalled the dji app and next flight (after work today) i'll try being in airplane mode to see if that helps.

really frustrating that i just spend $1400 and dji cant get their **** straight...

I also installed litchi after reading about. **** thing wouldnt even connect to the remote, got a refund and am doing more reading now.

I uninstalled the dji app and next flight (after work today) i'll try being in airplane mode to see if that helps.
You may well expect similar connection problems (between the phone and the remote control) also with the DJI App and not only with the Litchi app. At least I have had plenty. One possible solution, which I'll have to test a lot more to be sure, is to work on the application settings of the phone. Go to Settings, Apps, DJI GO 4 or Litchi, and check there that "Set as default" has "None set as default" (exact wording may differ between phones / Android versions). Per my experiences with the Mavic and Samsung S6 it looks like this has to be done on a regular basis to avoid connection issues between the phone and the RC.

Reactions: dragos28
I remember when mavic could stream pure clear vidro back to me from.miles away. With each release the drones are getting worse and worse.

i installed the app on my wifes iphone6 and flew this morning. it was a much better experience, the battery was low so i didnt get more than 10 min. i'll try again when i get home from work.
I might just buy an ipad mini for the drone.

i installed the app on my wifes iphone6 and flew this morning. it was a much better experience, the battery was low so i didnt get more than 10 min. i'll try again when i get home from work.
I might just buy an ipad mini for the drone.
It's not a bad idea - just keep in mind that your (possibly already full) back bag will have to accommodate the pad + the mount. There seem to be some slim / small mounts available but then again they may not bring the pad high enough, leaving it in the way of your hands, disturbing operating the RC, ... Better mounts take more space, it appears. And once you realise that a cell version of an iPad is better than the Wi-Fi because it's got GPS, and when you want to have at least 64GB of space, the cost of the iPad starts to go higher than you first thought...

I've been through the same thought process just last week. ATM I hope the there's a 4.1.5 App version very soon with the lag issues resolved. Really don't want to buy more gear to resolve something that should work out of the box.

yeah i know what you mean... for $1400 it should work perfect... and not require all this drama

I'm Having the same issues with a new Samsung TAB A6 with the 4.1.4, just got the tablet thinking it would be fine 4 core processor 1.5GZ Android 5.1

But shudda looked first - DJI Compatable Droid devices for 4.1.4
Works fine with my S5 Active

Android Version v4.1.4.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman