DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Putting a strobe light right above the Aircraft Status Indicator Light

Marko9219

Reactions
I want to mount my flashing strobe (ARC II-white) on the rear of my Mavic, directly above the Aircraft Status Indicator light. Any reason NOT to put it there? That rear face will angle the strobe direction slightly downward to the rear. It keeps it away from the camera lens. I am not trying to make my drone visible to anyone but me on the ground. I'm hoping it won't interfere with any internal antennas in this location?

Wow...80 views so far to this question, but nobody yet knows what's inside the body above the status light? I wonder who has a schematic drawing of the Mavic? I really would hate to cover up some antenna in there!

Wow...80 views so far to this question, but nobody yet knows what's inside the body above the status light? I wonder who has a schematic drawing of the Mavic? I really would hate to cover up some antenna in there!
I think you’ll find there are indeed aerials of some sort in that rear section, GPS, iirc
Try it and do some short runs and then be more adventurous and let us know how you get on

I want to mount my flashing strobe (ARC II-white) on the rear of my Mavic, directly above the Aircraft Status Indicator light. Any reason NOT to put it there? That rear face will angle the strobe direction slightly downward to the rear. It keeps it away from the camera lens. I am not trying to make my drone visible to anyone but me on the ground. I'm hoping it won't interfere with any internal antennas in this location?
That's exactly where I mount mine.... No problems whatsoever.

Wive mounted one of the strobing led's on the back of mine without problems

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 92
Thanks you guys! It looks safe to do. I'll proceed with reckless abandon!!

A compass is located just forward of there, but as I and others can attest, a Cree strobe doesn't interfere with it.

The only areas you should avoid are front legs (TX/RX), gimbal (duh-doy), and top/bottom surfaces (GPS on top, vision and heatsink on bottom).

Your choices are rear arms, leg extensions, special mounts, sides, or above the indicator light - like you sensibly asked about.

I put mine there. No issues. There is nothing there, the GPS is on top and the antennas are in the legs.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d