DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about gimbal placement

Reactions
Hey, I'm a new member from Morgantown, WV. My Mavic was dropped and I thought everything was OK, until I went to put the gimbal stabilizer on (or whatever that clear plastic piece that goes behind it is called). It seems like the gimbal nestled into it better before - or maybe it didn't and I just never noticed it. I've attached pics. All I can think of, if this isn't right, is that the gimbal "frame" should be under the black tab in the one picture instead of being "outside of it". Any help for a new member?

Attachments

• 20190122_174607.jpg
    20190122_174607.jpg
    605.8 KB · Views: 80
  • 20190122_174623.jpg
    20190122_174623.jpg
    786 KB · Views: 84
  • 20190122_174649.jpg
    20190122_174649.jpg
    938.7 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: mereflyer
the gimbal is fixed to the mounting plate by 4 small elastic hangers at the back is a hook called the anti drop hook and the plate that the gimbal is attached to should be underneath that hook unfortunately when you dropped it it became detached all you need to do is lift the gimbal and gently move it forwards till the back of the plate drops below the anti drop hook at the back holding it steady just pop the front of the plate under the two clips at the front of the gimbal mounting plate one either side and it should all be ok hope this makes sense

Reactions: Former Member
Just a word to the wise for anyone trying to do this the 1st time. I have done hundreds of them so I know just how much pressure you can put on that black hook before it snaps. When you are trying to reset the gimbal plate, don't push down on the anti drop hook at all costs. If it breaks then you will have to disassemble the entire drone just replace that tiny little hook.

Just a word to the wise for anyone trying to do this the 1st time. I have done hundreds of them so I know just how much pressure you can put on that black hook before it snaps. When you are trying to reset the gimbal plate, don't push down on the anti drop hook at all costs. If it breaks then you will have to disassemble the entire drone just replace that tiny little hook.
i think i missed the bit about checking that the front of the mounting plate should be above the front corner clips to enable the whole thing to be moved forwards to allow the rear to go back under the anti drop hook first

Reactions: gratefulpaddler304
i think i missed the bit about checking that the front of the mounting plate should be above the front corner clips to enable the whole thing to be moved forwards to allow the rear to go back under the anti drop hook first
That's where most of the pressure on the anti drop hook is placed during that step

Upon further inspection, this piece broke too (FYI... Keep an eye on your 5 year old while your drone is out!). It looks like this piece prevents the rear arm from over rotating. Will it fly ok like this? Or does it need (can it be) replaced?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190122-182544_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190122-182544_Gallery.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 43
Reactions: mereflyer
That's where most of the pressure on the anti drop hook is placed during that step
hi rob i know what you mean if you look at the third picture in your set you will notice that the front clips have a circular cut out i have found that if you gently move the plate sideways till it lines up with the cutout then the support plate drops in much easier do one side at a time

Reactions: Former Member
Upon further inspection, this piece broke too (FYI... Keep an eye on your 5 year old while your drone is out!). It looks like this piece prevents the rear arm from over rotating. Will it fly ok like this? Or does it need (can it be) replaced?
If it were me, I would not fly it like that. You need at least a right rear arm joint possibly the whole arm if you can't find the joint alone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kasperskyy