DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about litchi altitudes.

FlyawaySOB

Reactions
Let's say I've designed a multiple waypoint mission. The terrain is somewhat bowl-shaped, a lake surrounded by sloping terrain leading up hills. My mission take off point is on a sloped portion of the surrounding land, and the mission is to reach various way points along the circumference of the lake but not over the lake.

The waypoint altitudes are based on altitude from the home point, right?

As I mentioned, the home point is on a slope, that probably rises 1ft vertical for every 1ft away from the lake. It's relatively featureless. My concern is, if I take off from a slightly different spot that's lower than I had planned, this would cause all my altitudes to be lower, right?

Yes, all Litchi altitudes are AGL relative to the starting point. When terrain changes elevation, you have to compensate for the change in terrain elevation. One trick is to create the path in Google Earth, save that path as a .kml (not kmz) file and import that into the the flyliltchi.com mission planner. If you search youtube, there is at least one good video to guide you through that.

Reactions: PJ Kania
Excellent post! I had the same question a few days ago but never got around to posting it.

I live on top of a bluff and set my Litchi waypoints -139 feet to drop within 8 feet of the water. So far it has worked out perfect.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne