DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question about litchi only recording partial flight data for Mavic

adiru

Reactions
So I got the Litchi app and it works fine so far with the WAYPOINT functionality. I plotted a long route using the Litchi hub website and downloaded it to my phone with the app connected to the Mavic and tested some long range waypoint flights. Due to where I live, next to some powerlines and cell towers in a bad region, the rc loses all signal at about 3/4 of a mile (NOT at all the 4.7 miles promised) but luckily it seems the Mavic will continue on Mission as pre-programmed in the Litchi app.

This lends me to believe that prior to signal lose, somehow, the entire route created in Litchi was sent over to the Mavic aircraft itself and so it knew how to fly and come back (I was recording the whole time and upon review it proves the waypoints all flew okay) independent of the remote controller and the Litchi app.

However, afterwards I find that my flight log /flight record is abridged and only a small percentage of the entire flight is recorded. I had set up sync with HealthyDrones and also manually exported the .csv Litchi generated file data from my android phone and examined it with Excel and appears indeed the flight recording is cut off abruptly right where it loses signal.

My question is is there a flight log that is stored on the Mavic itself that is perhaps more complete? Why is it that the full waypoint missions data can be stored on the Mavic itself locally, but the full flight data recorder evidence can't be? Even a long flight is no more larger than a few small megabytes, so surely DJI should have opted to have a local recording that is comprehensive and can be extracted after the fact in cases like these where the Mavic loses signal and only a partial flight data is recorded?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J