DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question on Speed Mode

Desertdude

Reactions
I thought when I move the switch to sport mode the Mavic could fly up to 40 mph. My Mavic only flys at 20 mph in sport mode. What am I doing wrong?

Were you flying into a headwind? Are you still in beginner mode? Sometimes if you start out in sport mode, you have to switch back to P mode and then back to sport mode for it to go into sport mode. Do you have multiple flight modes toggled to on?

Reactions: Cyberpower678
Were you flying into a headwind? Are you still in beginner mode? Sometimes if you start out in sport mode, you have to switch back to P mode and then back to sport mode for it to go into sport mode. Do you have multiple flight modes toggled to on?
I was flying on a clam day so no wind, I guess I can try and toggle the sport mode switch

Reactions: jointeffort
Does it actually say sport mode when you toggle into it? Otherwise you might not have multiple flight modes enabled in settings, which locks you in GPS-mode only regardless of switch position on the controller

It's the first option under the "Main Controller Settings" tab (The top tab that looks like a mini drone)

The fact that your current maximum speed is exactly 20 mph is a little suspect, as that's the maximum speed in GPS mode with the vision sensors on :)

Reactions: Humanparody
If the switch is in Sport mode when you power on the Mavic, it still starts in P mode (see manual). This is done as a failsafe. Once the power is on toggle the switch to P then back to Sport.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: DerekG
If the switch is in Sport mode when you power on the Mavic, it still starts in P mode (see manual). This is done as a failsafe. Once the power is on toggle the switch to P then back to Sport.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Also check and see that you are not viewing the displays as Metric. If so switch to Imperial. Btw, if using android your best option will be to look at Remote Controller display in upper left corner for actual MPH reading, as the android GO4 app is wrong.

Also check and see that you are not viewing the displays as Metric. If so switch to Imperial. Btw, if using android your best option will be to look at Remote Controller display in upper left corner for actual MPH reading, as the android GO4 app is wrong.
Wasn't the Android Go4 showing higher speed readings though? (Assumably kph instead of mph)

I thought when I move the switch to sport mode the Mavic could fly up to 40 mph. My Mavic only flys at 20 mph in sport mode. What am I doing wrong?

If you dont know why this is happening, probably is a good idea to not even try flying in SportMode.
Read the manual first buddy, before trying anything crazy.

I found the problem, thanks to human parody. I did not have multiple flight modes toggled on.
Thanks for all your suggustetions.

I found the problem, thanks to human parody. I did not have multiple flight modes toggled on.
Thanks for all your suggustetions.

So does this mean you have flown in Sport Mode now?

Bringing the drone to Las Vegas is a must although it's often windy there.

I'll be there in one month visiting my dad.

That would be even more reason to take it to fly. Or at least for me as I would be attempting some High Speed passes from the tailwinds.

Reactions: cobra46
Finally got to try the speed mode today. In the past I only had the Mavic up to 20 mph. I flew it about 1/2 away and when I was ready to bring it home I switched it to speed mode. Wow that thing flew back so fast I hit 41 mph. Love it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
palaiouras