DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick poll about drones bought at different places - please take a look

Where did you get your Mavic and did you experience issues described above?

• Original distribution (DJI site) - NO ISSUES

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Original distribution (DJI site) - ISSUES OCCURRED

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Refurbished unit from DJI - NO ISSUES

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Refurbished unit from DJI - ISSUES OCCURRED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other site (Ali., gb etc.) - NO ISSUES

Votes: 74 55.6%
  • Other site (Ali., gb etc.) - ISSUES OCCURRED

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don't have my Mavic yet

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters

jakub

Reactions
Recently I came across an opinion that DJI drones bought from sources* different than original distribution are the ones with issues. Those are the units that turn off midair, fly away or are constantly loosing connection. So I though a simple questionnaire would be nice, to give us all a look at this subject.

*by different sources I mean sites like A**Ex***** or Ge**Be*** etc.

Explanation if needed:

"Issues" are events when unit did not act as it was supposed to and it wasn't your fault.
By ISSUES OCCURRED I mean that you have experienced more that once weird behavior of your unit that was not caused by external factors (e.g. losing signal because of flying under a metal bride is not an issue here) and this behavior tends to repeat.

Reactions: Former Member
You might change the poll to allow multiple responses for those of us who have multiple Mavics bought from different suppliers.

I have bought hundreds of DJI products, both new and refurbed, from various suppliers including eBay, Crutchfield, Best Buy, Amazon, and have not gotten single DOA. The only problems I ever had were broken gimbal pitch motor covers because someone at the factory didnt know how to install the gimbal lock correctly.

Last edited:
What about buying from a local authorized DJI reseller/drone store?
As long as it's authorized I think it counts as original distribution
Internet shops mentioned above don't have any kind of authorization as far as I know

As long as it's authorized I think it counts as original distribution
Internet shops mentioned above don't have any kind of authorization as far as I know

ah ok. thanks. I need to fly mine (waiting for better weather) so will respond when I do.

Best Buy = having “Jello “ effect. Not sure of fix yet.... does that apply to issues? First one didn’t, but it was a return, so I returned it for a New replacement. Should of just kept the first one[emoji37]

Reactions: jakub
I have purchased a new fly more combo and received a reman from a refresh from dji with no issues.

Bought mine from Apple store about six months ago, no issues yet. Btw, they price match to Amazon which I wasn’t sure they’d do.

Last edited:
Reactions: w4t3r
I purchased Mavic Pro Platinum Fly more combo...after 3+ weeks, and a computer guy helping...still unable to fly!!![emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

I purchased Mavic Pro Platinum Fly more combo...after 3+ weeks, and a computer guy helping...still unable to fly!!![emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]
Could you please share with us where did you get it?

Best Buy = having “Jello “ effect. Not sure of fix yet.... does that apply to issues? First one didn’t, but it was a return, so I returned it for a New replacement. Should of just kept the first one[emoji37]
yeah, that totally applies to issues... sorry to hear that

What is this jello effect?

****. That will ruin your shot! You couldn’t return it for another?
It's not my video, I just posted it because iI believe it represents the jello effect really well, without unnecessary talking. Mine Mav is thankfully totally fine!

up, let's make it to 100 responses so we can actually say something

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard