DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quick poll about drones bought at different places - please take a look

Where did you get your Mavic and did you experience issues described above?

• Original distribution (DJI site) - NO ISSUES

Votes: 49 36.8%
  • Original distribution (DJI site) - ISSUES OCCURRED

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • Refurbished unit from DJI - NO ISSUES

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • Refurbished unit from DJI - ISSUES OCCURRED

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other site (Ali., gb etc.) - NO ISSUES

Votes: 74 55.6%
  • Other site (Ali., gb etc.) - ISSUES OCCURRED

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don't have my Mavic yet

Votes: 2 1.5%

• Total voters
I purchased Mavic Pro Platinum Fly more combo...after 3+ weeks, and a computer guy helping...still unable to fly!!![emoji35][emoji35][emoji35]

You may want to reach out to someone in your area to help you get started. These things are not simple to get started to fly, but once you get some basis training from an experienced pilot you should be go to go.
I have helped 3 other folks get started and having an experienced person show you the basics means a world of difference to an inexperienced pilot.
Good luck

Reactions: Viper 1
Recently I came across an opinion that DJI drones bought from sources* different than original distribution are the ones with issues. Those are the units that turn off midair, fly away or are constantly loosing connection. So I though a simple questionnaire would be nice, to give us all a look at this subject.

*by different sources I mean sites like A**Ex***** or Ge**Be*** etc.

Explanation if needed:

"Issues" are events when unit did not act as it was supposed to and it wasn't your fault.
By ISSUES OCCURRED I mean that you have experienced more that once weird behavior of your unit that was not caused by external factors (e.g. losing signal because of flying under a metal bride is not an issue here) and this behavior tends to repeat.
"Battery was going down tremendously" indicates that there is in fact wind that it is trying to fly against.
hence it has estimated that to continue would not give you enough battery to return. it notified you of this and you cancelled it.

This is a resent case, where a Mavic was lost, basically because the return to home was cancelled. I am a new comer to all this , though I have noticed on my Mavic that if I switch to Sport Mode after engaging RTH It will stop completely until you re engage the RTH. If you have lost connection for any reason and unaware of this dilemma it would be fatal!

Best Buy = having “Jello “ effect. Not sure of fix yet.... does that apply to issues? First one didn’t, but it was a return, so I returned it for a New replacement. Should of just kept the first one[emoji37]

What do you mean about jello effect, jerkiness of video when slowly rotating the Mavic (not camera). Issue am having currently. Not enough time to investigate many other options (Adj & try). Great videos but for the jerkiness ruining the shots. Now see . . . myself, slowed down the camera movement. Saw in a vid where it was stated set the camera positioning and move the Mavic for the shots but gentle stick movements, slow rotation, still has the jerkiness.

Last edited:
Here's an example :) :
Dispite the jello effect (Now see what is), your vid and editing looked very professional. Wish I had my MPP to analyze but had to quickly depart So América for Iraq. Wife has currently and will return with it back to AZ in a couple of weeks. Will have her return it to Tempe AZ's Innovative UAS where I originally purchased this fly more combo pkg. They set everything up, completed all calibrations and all. I should have calibrated the gimbal again but ran out of time. Will have them see what's up. Thanks for the post.

You may want to reach out to someone in your area to help you get started. These things are not simple to get started to fly, but once you get some basis training from an experienced pilot you should be go to go.
I have helped 3 other folks get started and having an experienced person show you the basics means a world of difference to an inexperienced pilot.
Good luck

Agree, Is what I did in another country, would not run on my Samsung Tab A. POC looked at all settings, connected his IPhone, immediate success. Unfortunately had to spend $400 for a used phone of the same just to get mine in the air. After that, no issues except video quality.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober