DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Quieter props?

scro

Reactions
I came across an interesting article on alternative prop designs. I wonder how long until these start appearing on consumer drones? Looks like they wouldn't lend themselves so well to folding drones though.

There’s another thread on this. Going to be interesting to see if they work. Thanks for sharing

I know on the Phantom 4 Pro there is different types of props I can buy. They have the regular prop and low noise prop. I have no seen this for any of my Mavic drones, I assume they are all low noise.

I agree that the 8-shape propellor doesn't look very foldable in its current form. But I'm sure DJI (and others) will be doing tests with variations of this concept. Maybe it also works when splitting the "8" into two halfs (like the current propellors on drones).
I'm sure we will see these new propellors appear on newer drones, because I think it would convince a lot of drone pilots to buy a new bird, just for the reduced noise level. When this will happen is another question.

I'm wondering if these new propellors would also work on existing drones, as a third party add-on (Master AirScrew?). I'd buy that in an instant.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
survey-rich