DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC Controller connectivity

I keep reading about issues with the RC Pro disconnecting from the A2S even when within 100ft or so. I haven't seen where root cause or a fix has been identified. This is with the Fly More bundle that comes with the RC Pro.

If you get one that isn't problematic, I have read that the range is improved.

Are you referring to a RC controller that has been purchased as a standalone item?
No, what I've seen are folks that got the bundle having issues...the A2S and the RC Pro SC.

If I were to jump on this I would make sure I got it from a place I could easily return or exchange it...like Best Buy or Amazon.

Mine came from a bundle deal and works fine. I would consider the skill level and time in the air when someone is reporting issues. We all know drones do strange things sometime.

Mine has been almost flawless with my Air 2S. Would only lose the video feed slightly at extreme distances, and only momentarily. The range is great - I can get significantly farther out than I can with the stock controller. However, I had some kind of lost connectivity or something happen, and a drone crash about a week ago - but have no idea if it was actually the RC Pro's fault (I don't think it was). I was able to recover the drone in the woods, it was pretty smashed up - I suspect it was a bird hit or something - that would explain why it didn't RTH or reconnect. Thank goodness for the DJI support program, I should get a new or repaired drone back soon.

The range is great - I can get significantly farther out than I can with the stock controller. .
I have heard the exact opposite on our local drone forum.
They claim that the stock controller is more stable when it comes to range/connectivity vs the RC.

I have heard the exact opposite on our local drone forum.
They claim that the stock controller is more stable when it comes to range/connectivity vs the RC.
I'm just relating my personal, first hand experience. Range - greater, definitely; connectivity - jury is still out on that.

I'm just relating my personal, first hand experience. Range - greater, definitely; connectivity - jury is still out on that.
I just noticed your airdata certificate. If I install the app and create an account, will it capture my existing DJI account information (flight data et al) or it will start fresh? Please advice.

I just noticed your airdata certificate. If I install the app and create an account, will it capture my existing DJI account information (flight data et al) or it will start fresh? Please advice.
Im not really sure how the app works - although I have it installed, I almost never use it. I only use the webpage version. And i've only loaded up the flights that I have saved flight records of in the various DJI apps I've used over the last 5 years. In my case I just dumped them all in (not all at once) and let the website sort them out. If you create an account, then go to the upload your flights page, it lists a variety of ways you can upload flights, one of which is a direct import form DJI Fly, so it's quite likely the app has a way to gather all the existing flights in your history, if you haven't deleted the app or anything since starting to use it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear