DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RC-N2 Versus RC2

projectarjun

Reactions
The RC-N2 has yet to be available separately for purchase. Does anyone favor the RC-N2 over the RC2? There's only one RC2 listed on eBay; I always thought about having the standard remote on standby. Question is, is it worth it? RIP tablet 🤣

It's a toss-up for me. Under bright sunlight, my 1,500-nits phone often outshines the RC screen. Yet, there's an undeniable charm in not depending on a tablet/phone

It's a toss-up for me. Under bright sunlight, my 1,500-nits phone often outshines the RC screen. Yet, there's an undeniable charm in not depending on a tablet/phone
I wish the RC-N2 was smaller.

The RC 2, I get the appeal but it's a bigger device.

I'm used to the controller for my Mavic 2 Pro.

Yes I have to use my iPhone or iPad but I pack those for trips anyways.

The RC-2 is a big device by itself. It's not like an iPad, where I could use it for other things besides controlling the drone.

I posted a query on the DJI FORUM in late September expressing disappointment in the waypoint feature; aside from the feature being almost counterintuitive (the same left/right brain function that constructed the DJI forum), the screen size and resultant text size for data input is quite difficult for this fossil and my challenged vision . I was use to using Litchi with my iPad along with the ease of my laptop to construct missions, run them on google earth (for fun) and do all this without visual strain. Plus the Litchi mission setup really was pretty straightforward and simple to use. DJI responded at that time that the RC-N2 controller would likely be available ”later October”, but that has not come to fruition yet. I don’t dislike the RC2 controller and would only use the screen-less controller to set up missions on my iPad and hopefully load and use the RC2.
But, we are still waiting. Not knowing what price they’ll offer the RC-N2, I’m reluctant to purchase a used one off eBay or other sources. So until then, I’m not planning any waypoint missions with the air 3.

Reactions: Thmoore
@Richie1027
I use Litchi on my computer to prepare my missions, export them, convert them, copy them in my Rc2 : I do fly Litchi missions with my new Air 3.
How to is explained on this forum.

Reactions: Richie1027
Does anyone favor the RC-N2 over the RC2? There's only one RC2 listed on eBay; I always thought about having the standard remote on standby. Question is, is it worth it? RIP tablet 🤣
Are happy to use a phone-sized screen or do you want a bigger screen.
My drone came with one of the integrated screen controllers and I sold it without even trying it out because I prefer to use a bigger screen.
i-N7dSQ2v-X2.jpg

I like the RC 2 for ease of use, but the screen size is a let down for me. I've been exploring ways to output the screen to another battery powered monitor. I'm finding that it's just a clunky mess unfortunately. Screen brightness is also tough, especially since I wear transition glasses (awful combo in AZ sunlight).

Definitely something to say about being able to unpack the drone/rc and be up in the air in about a minute or two. Great for run and gun type shots.

EDIT: If they made a consumer grade RC with an 8" screen, I truly believe it would sell like hot cakes. Let's be honest, "most" drone pilots tend to be on the older side where our vision isn't what it used to be. :D

Reactions: Thmoore and Krrr
@Richie1027
I use Litchi on my computer to prepare my missions, export them, convert them, copy them in my Rc2 : I do fly Litchi missions with my new Air 3.
How to is explained on this forum.
Thank you for this! This has eluded me so far. Where exactly are the instructions on how to do this?

Thank you for this! This has eluded me so far. Where exactly are the instructions on how to do this?
Hello Thmoore,

You can start here :

More instructions here :
After some practice, it is quite easy.
But of course, it is not as user friendly as it could be with an sdk (sdk will not be available for our Air3 !)

Bonne chance, soyez persévérant et tout fonctionnera !

Hello Thmoore,

You can start here :

More instructions here :
After some practice, it is quite easy.
But of course, it is not as user friendly as it could be with an sdk (sdk will not be available for our Air3 !)

Bonne chance, soyez persévérant et tout fonctionnera !

OK, that's for the Mavic 3 and the RC (not RC 2) controller. I posted on that thread last month:

This no longer works on the RC 2. With everything updated (as of Oct. 17, 2023: RC controller firmware of 02.000.0000, app version of 1.12.0, aircraft firmware version of 01.00.0600), when I try to do Step 6, "Show Internal Storage" is not an option.

You said you're doing this with an Air 3 and an RC 2? As far as I know, that's impossible at the moment.

OK, that's for the Mavic 3 and the RC (not RC 2) controller. I posted on that thread last month:

This no longer works on the RC 2. With everything updated (as of Oct. 17, 2023: RC controller firmware of 02.000.0000, app version of 1.12.0, aircraft firmware version of 01.00.0600), when I try to do Step 6, "Show Internal Storage" is not an option.

You said you're doing this with an Air 3 and an RC 2? As far as I know, that's impossible at the moment.
I wrote you a personal message.
Here is a screenshot from the Litchi mission I sent you, imported in my Rc2.

Screenshot made at home... no gps inside !

Screenshot_20231115-195846.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Britt