DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints how to Back-Up Export & Import

zAvi

Reactions
Hi below are 3 methods to Back-Up Export or Import Mavic 3 WP Missions.
All methods below have been tested and work with the following devices
iPhone 13 / iPad Mini 6 / Macbook / DJI RC
Will probably work with Android devices
please lets me know .... enjoy

===========================================================================​

Backup & Transfer Mavic 3 Missions - Complete
[Only similar devices iOS<->iOS & Droid<->Droid]

▪ iOS - Goto FILES/DJI Fly/wayline_mission/
▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
Step 1
Select & Transfer complete “wayline_mission” or “waypoint” folder and transfer.
[Either to your computer for backup or Directly to another device]
Step 2
Upload this to your device replacing existing “wayline_mission” or “waypoint” folder
Finished

Export Mavic 3 Mission [kmz file]

Step 1

▪ Open DJI Fly - Open Mission that you want to Export Mission and save - Quit DJI Fly
▪ [This will give it a recent date stamp making it easier to find & select]
Step 2
a) Select most recently created Mission Folder by date/time
b) Its name will be in the form of a GUID. Example: 6103D3C8-E79A-4B48-BBFE-50932D2E1306
c) Transfer complete folder containing KMZ file & Preview to your computer
⁃ Finished

Import Mavic 3 Compatible Missions [kmz]

Step 1
Open DJI Fly - Create a new Mission [simple as 1wp] and save - Quit DJI Fly
▪ [This will give it a recent date stamp making it easier to find & select]
Step 2
a) Select most recently created Mission Folder by date/time
b) Its name will be in the form of a GUID. Example: 6103D3C8-E79A-4B48-BBFE-50932D2E1306
c) Rename KMZ file that your importing to match the name of this mission on your device.
Example: 6103D3C8-E79A-4B48-BBFE-50932D2E1306.kmz
d) Upload the renamed KMZ into selected mission folder on your device replacing existing KMZ

Open DJI Fly
Go to Waypoints & Open imported Mission
When Opened your location is displayed - [Not your mission location]
Find your Mission Location on Map and SAVE to create a Mission with correct Preview.
Examine all waypoints before you Fly to be sure they are configured as expected.
⁃ Finished

Accessing Waypoint & FlightRecords folders on the DJI RC controller.
[By default folders are Not Visible these steps make’s Visible]
Attached is a Video showing these steps

• Power on the DJI RC remote controller.
• Swipe down with your finger from the top of the remote controller screen two times to access the Quick Settings screen.

1) Tap the Preference at the top right corner to access the Settings screen.
2) Tap Storage
3) Tap Internal shared storage.
4) Tap Music & audio.
5) Tap Audio files.
6) Tap the three dots menu icon at the top right and tap Show internal storage.
7) Tap DJI RC near the bottom of the Files list.
8) Navigate to the DJI RC\Android\data\dji.go.v5\files\
9) With-in this folder you will now see Waypoint & FlightRecord folders.

=========================================================

Has anyone tried the conversion from Litch to Mavic 3? When I download the file after conversion, it saves as a .wpml file. Is this normal?

Has anyone tried the conversion from Litch to Mavic 3? When I download the file after conversion, it saves as a .wpml file. Is this normal?

Hi Ive been helping DJ wes by supplying Mavic 3 Missions for him to work his magic

I ve done Litchi <2> Mavic 3 many times and it should output a KMZ

Just tried myself again your correct Ive writen to DJ Wes to let him know of thhe issue

Thx......Should be fixed soon

Looks good now, thanks! Have you flown Litchi>KMZ missions with success?

I've given it a once over on a basic waypoint mission, it works fine. Now to try a more complex litchi mission, it'll give my 2016 Mavic pro a rest (with over 500 charges between it's 3 batteries it deserves one..) Thank you DJ Wes

Reactions: zAvi and DJ Wes
And it works perfectly, bearing in mind the differences in waypoint definition between the Fly and Litchi as pointed out by DJ Wes. (when flying Litchi with curved waypoints the drone misses the waypoint, when flying the same mission with Fly the drone flies through the waypoint)

And it works perfectly, bearing in mind the differences in waypoint definition between the Fly and Litchi as pointed out by DJ Wes. (when flying Litchi with curved waypoints the drone misses the waypoint, when flying the same mission with Fly the drone flies through the waypoint)
Just wondering what device you used --- looking for someone using RC Pro

Last edited:
Hello zAvi.
I'm using a RC-231, but I don't imagine that's particularly relevant. as long as you follow the procedures outlined by DJ Wes, then the mission will be uploaded to the M3 when you start the mission, then the M3 will follow the programmed waypoints without intervention from the controller, except for RTH, mission cancellation etc. I've got a RC pro. so I'll try it out. (Please read my next post for an update)

Last edited:
At present it seems not to work with the RC pro, After creating and saving a waypoint mission using the RC pro and M3, no kmz file is to be found anywhere, either on the drone or the controller. I'm not adept enough with file management to see if it's encrypted or hidden, or something else entirely..

Last edited:
At present it seems not to work with the RC pro, After creating and saving a waypoint mission using the RC pro and M3, no kmz file is to be found anywhere, either on the drone or the controller. I'm not adept enough with file management to see if it's encrypted or hidden, or something else entirely..
I have an RC Pro and when I tried it the first time I was successful. Any attempts since then have failed. I dont seem to be able to overwrite the KMZ file.

I have an RC Pro and when I tried it the first time I was successful. Any attempts since then have failed. I dont seem to be able to overwrite the KMZ file.
Any FW updates made to the RC Pro since it first worked? DJI may have decided to disable the ability to overwrite the KMZ file.

Has anybody figured out an easier way to import missions into the app, without manually creating an empty mission in the app and then replacing that file?

On iOS there seems to be a `wpmz.sqlite3` file (under Files app -> DJI Fly -> wayline_mission -> mission_db -> wpmz.sqlite3) that you can probably add an entry to for the new mission. But on Android (DJI RC) I haven't found any sqlite database or anything else referencing the mission file.

Reactions: jwilson
I can't even find the kmz file, can you give me the folder path you found it on? Maybe a DJI update locked/hid the file?

The RC pro seems to have some issues when uploading

I followed this video to get the kmz file on the DJI RC controller:
The basics of video are sound for DJI RC using Litchi / Pilot Mission

I usually just overwrite mission when importing
the Video idea of deleting orig file first has it merits for those with prob overwriting

Most messages are about doing this tranfer to a RC Pro the File placements is the same for both RC & RC Pro. ▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
some problems so far are Cant find mission / Cant overwrite exsiting file
Iam no droid expert but it should work for Both Controllers

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31