DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints how to Back-Up Export & Import

Hi Alex
Maybe i understand the issue some are having [ thx for screen shot]
Attached is a screen shot of a complete and visible RC Directory

You have to enable file browser to make some directory's visible including waypoints and even flightlogs

Ive edited a previous video showing the relevant section

This works with the DJI RC & probably the DJI RC Pro
And probably Should be step [1] have mentioned it a while ago.
Thanks for that! Couldn't find it on my DJI RC either, until revealing the System Files, per your concise video. Thought it was a FW issue, but it's already been there since October, just normally hidden from prying eyes!

Good news Alex
Yep sorry could not understand till I saw you screen shot
Maybe someone with a RC Pro could try if their files are not visible

The above method to access [Droid] file browser discribed earlier
Question for you about the informative 10 things video. You mention that the volume control set to zero on the DJI RC will not silence the transducer beeping, unlike on the RC Pro, where it offers you the option to silence all sounds, including the transducer beeping, once the volume is set to zero. Does Muting, which says it turns off all Notifications, silence the transducer, if Volume is set to zero, or is drilling a hole in the RC case and pushing against the transducer hole with a cut off Q tip stick the only way to muffle the "critical battery" heart attack beeping coming from the transducer?

Using this guide, I managed to transfer waypoints from RC Pro to the new RC Pro. I would also like to transfer the hyperlapese traces, does any of you know how to do it?
Good news ... seeinng as you have a RC Pro & I dont ... have a couple questions
[1] Did you have to activate file browser EG: like the RC
[2] Did you have any issues overwriting files

Re Hyper lapse tracers curious transfer to what ?
Any idea where files might be stored

Question for you about the informative 10 things video. You mention that the volume control set to zero on the DJI RC will not silence the transducer beeping, unlike on the RC Pro, where it offers you the option to silence all sounds, including the transducer beeping, once the volume is set to zero. Does Muting, which says it turns off all Notifications, silence the transducer, if Volume is set to zero, or is drilling a hole in the RC case and pushing against the transducer hole with a cut off Q tip stick the only way to muffle the "critical battery" heart attack beeping coming from the transducer?
Ops missed this earlier

Had a quick look at video again seems Muting & Turning down Vol should do

But if not some type of notice @ critical battery can't be all bad and maybe necessary :)

Good news ... seeinng as you have a RC Pro & I dont ... have a couple questions
[1] Did you have to activate file browser EG: like the RC
[2] Did you have any issues overwriting files

Re Hyper lapse tracers curious transfer to what ?
Any idea where files might be stored

Nothing needs to be activated and no problems with losing waypoints on the new drone. Only hyperlapses are a problem because I don't know where the files with saved routes can be so that I can read them

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Ops missed this earlier

But if not some type of notice @ critical battery can't be all bad and maybe necessary :)
For me, the critical battery transducer beeping is "all bad" and leads to greatly unwanted attention, just when I am trying to discreetly land and walk quietly away! I always land at below 10% so I have to be able to silence it. It's not as though I am not already aware of the battery state.

Without positive confirmation that it can be completely silenced through the control settings, I'll have to drill the necessary hole in the case to silence it physically. No biggie, but it might affect resale value.

The basics of video are sound for DJI RC using Litchi / Pilot Mission

I usually just overwrite mission when importing
the Video idea of deleting orig file first has it merits for those with prob overwriting

Most messages are about doing this tranfer to a RC Pro the File placements is the same for both RC & RC Pro. ▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
some problems so far are Cant find mission / Cant overwrite exsiting file
Iam no droid expert but it should work for Both Controllers
Hi, I am also a RC pro user while the interface of my rc pro is different from the video, there is no such 3 dots and show internal storage option.

Remark: My rc pro version is android 7.1.2.

Hi, I am also a RC pro user while the interface of my rc pro is different from the video, there is no such 3 dots and show internal storage option.

Remark: My rc pro version is android 7.1.2.
Yep seems like the RC Pro has file browsing active While the RC needs activation Via 3 Dots mentioned

Yep seems like the RC Pro has file browsing active While the RC needs activation Via 3 Dots mentioned
But then what will be the way to show internal storage which is the hidden file like waypoint mission? Thank you for your ans and helping the community tho.

Hi below are 3 methods to Back-Up Export or Import Mavic 3 WP Missions.
All methods below have been tested and work with the following devices
iPhone 13 / iPad Mini 6 / Macbook / DJI RC
Will probably work with Android devices
please lets me know .... enjoy

===========================================================================​

Backup & Transfer Mavic 3 Missions - Complete
[Only similar devices iOS<->iOS & Droid<->Droid]

▪ iOS - Goto FILES/DJI Fly/wayline_mission/
▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
Step 1
Select & Transfer complete “wayline_mission” or “waypoint” folder and transfer.
[Either to your computer for backup or Directly to another device]
Step 2
Upload this to your device replacing existing “wayline_mission” or “waypoint” folder
Finished

Export Mavic 3 Mission [kmz file]

Step 1

▪ Open DJI Fly - Open Mission that you want to Export Mission and save - Quit DJI Fly
▪ [This will give it a recent date stamp making it easier to find & select]
Step 2
a) Select most recently created Mission Folder by date/time
b) Its name will be in the form of a GUID. Example: 6103D3C8-E79A-4B48-BBFE-50932D2E1306
c) Transfer complete folder containing KMZ file & Preview to your computer
⁃ Finished

Import Mavic 3 Compatible Missions [kmz]

Step 1
Open DJI Fly - Create a new Mission [simple as 1wp] and save - Quit DJI Fly
Step 2
b) Its name will be in the form of a GUID. Example: 6103D3C8-E79A-4B48-BBFE-50932D2E1306
c) Rename KMZ file that your importing to match the name of this mission on your device.
Example: 6103D3C8-E79A-4B48-BBFE-50932D2E1306.kmz
d) Upload the renamed KMZ into selected mission folder on your device replacing existing KMZ

Open DJI Fly
Go to Waypoints & Open imported Mission
When Opened your location is displayed - [Not your mission location]
Find your Mission Location on Map and SAVE to create a Mission with correct Preview.
Examine all waypoints before you Fly to be sure they are configured as expected.
⁃ Finished

Step 1
Step 2
Upload this to your device replacing existing “wayline_mission” or “waypoint” folder
Finished

Step 1

▪ Open DJI Fly - Open Mission that you want to Export Mission and save - Quit DJI Fly
Step 2
⁃ Finished

Step 1
Step 2
c) Rename KMZ file that your importing to match the name of this mission on your device.
d) Upload the renamed KMZ into selected mission folder on your device replacing existing KMZ

Open DJI Fly
Find your Mission Location on Map and SAVE to create a Mission with correct Preview.
Examine all waypoints before you Fly to be sure they are configured as expected.
⁃ Finished

Many thanks for this great post!!
I am a total newby and just received my Mavic 3 PRO, with DJI RC (with screen). I am using Mac & iOS. Can I apply also this to program waypoints with Litchi and import them into my drone? Many thanks for your kind help!

Has anybody figured out an easier way to import missions into the app, without manually creating an empty mission in the app and then replacing that file?

On iOS there seems to be a `wpmz.sqlite3` file (under Files app -> DJI Fly -> wayline_mission -> mission_db -> wpmz.sqlite3) that you can probably add an entry to for the new mission. But on Android (DJI RC) I haven't found any sqlite database or anything else referencing the mission file.
Any news on this great idea?

Ops missed this earlier

I can now confirm that the combination of setting "Volume to 0" and "Muting" completely silences all noises emanating from the DJI RC. Ironically, I only discovered this 5 minutes after drilling the hole in the perfect spot, just like had happened on the RC Pro! In case DJI decides to remove this software capability, the mechanical muzzles on the transducers will replace it!

If this does indeed work with the RC Pro, then it may be the push I need to buy Litchi

Step 1
Step 2
Finished

Step 1

Step 2
⁃ Finished

Step 1
Step 2

Open DJI Fly
⁃ Finished

Thanks a million!

Yes, and there are still no .kmz files or waypoint folder.. Searched via PC and using the touchscreen.
I ALSO still Cannot find The Waypoints folder - Did you Come right?

Hi Alex
Maybe i understand the issue some are having [ thx for screen shot]
Attached is a screen shot of a complete and visible RC Directory

You have to enable file browser to make some directory's visible including waypoints and even flightlogs

Ive edited a previous video showing the relevant section

This works with the DJI RC & probably the DJI RC Pro
And probably Should be step [1] have mentioned it a while ago.
hi there... using DJI-RC

I understand what you have said to find the Waypoint FIle ... and have been successful - but only from the RC itself -

However I cannot Access this by using the RC USB port to my computer...

SOmehow the Android files are Locked from view on my computer - only revealing my SD Card (in the RC)- and an Internal shared Storage (instead of the full Android Operating file menu.
*** How do I make the whole Android File System Available to me on the DJI-RC from my computer?

btw - I was successful by first copying to the RC Card (from my computer) then on the RC Controler Copying from the Card to the waypoints folder - this Successfully Allowed me to use a Litchi Hub Designed waypoints mission on my Mavic 3 pro Drone.
... but this is not a sustainable number of steps to do this...

Is there an answer to *** above?

Hi ALEX -
I see your Problem ! (Over and over you have said you cant find the Waypoint folder or kmz files.

Reason is:
You are trying to Navigate to the RC controller though your PC. (ie ThisPC) - see your diag above

The Android System is Blocking You. Those folders are not default accessable to your PC - note the Location on the path Line - you have "android > Android"
This is the location you are blocked- . The PC is Only allowed to view SHARED Files on the RC controller.

What others have described above - has been to navigate ON your ACTUAL RC (Not the PC)
That way you will find the waypoint folder (also there will be one Single android folder - not one inside another)
See the VIDEO above

Then the Trick is how to take files to and from this waypoint folder - to your PC.
... but thats a different conversation ....

Hope this helps.

Hi ALEX -
I see your Problem ! (Over and over you have said you cant find the Waypoint folder or kmz files.

Reason is:
You are trying to Navigate to the RC controller though your PC. (ie ThisPC) - see your diag above

The Android System is Blocking You. Those folders are not default accessable to your PC - note the Location on the path Line - you have "android > Android"
This is the location you are blocked- . The PC is Only allowed to view SHARED Files on the RC controller.

What others have described above - has been to navigate ON your ACTUAL RC (Not the PC)
That way you will find the waypoint folder (also there will be one Single android folder - not one inside another)
See the VIDEO above

Then the Trick is how to take files to and from this waypoint folder - to your PC.
... but thats a different conversation ....

Hope this helps.
Thanks, it's all sorted now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spitspin