DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Waypoints how to Back-Up Export & Import

The RC pro seems to have some issues when uploading
What he is referring to really isn't an issue with uploading. It is identifying the location on the RC Pro of the saved KMZ file to replace. Can you help with the location of the KMZ file to be replaced?

What he is referring to really isn't an issue with uploading. It is identifying the location on the RC Pro of the saved KMZ file to replace. Can you help with the location of the KMZ file to be replaced?
It should be placed here
▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint

The basics of video are sound for DJI RC using Litchi / Pilot Mission

I usually just overwrite mission when importing
the Video idea of deleting orig file first has it merits for those with prob overwriting

Most messages are about doing this tranfer to a RC Pro the File placements is the same for both RC & RC Pro. ▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
some problems so far are Cant find mission / Cant overwrite exsiting file
Iam no droid expert but it should work for Both Controllers
Exactly. Where on the RC Pro is the KMZ file to replace? Has it recently been moved or encrypted on the RC Pro?

It should be placed here
▪ Droid = Goto Android/data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
Can you confirm that on the RC Pro that the KMZ file is still located in that directory? That seems to be the conflict. He is suggesting there is no KMZ file to be found, either there or anywhere else.

Can you confirm that on the RC Pro that the KMZ file is still located in that directory? That seems to be the conflict. He is suggesting there is no KMZ file to be found, either there or anywhere else.
I dont have access to a RC Pro the the Dir for KMZ on iOS & Droid devices and the RC so Iam surprised its hard to find on RC Pro
Its a while ago bout I think I rooted my DJI RC so I could R/W Droid waypoints

Reactions: GadgetGuy
I dont have access to a RC Pro the the Dir for KMZ on iOS & Droid devices and the RC so Iam surprised its hard to find on RC Pro
Its a while ago bout I think I rooted my DJI RC so I could R/W Droid waypoints
Let's see if he is successful, after all your very helpful, detailed posts! I agree that the file structure should be the same, and deletion of the file should overcome any overwiting issues. Fingers crossed!

Let's see if he is successful, after all your very helpful, detailed posts! I agree that the file structure should be the same, and deletion of the file should overcome any overwiting issues. Fingers crossed
Keep in mind gentlemen, that the Filename of the KMZ file is a ridiculously long, mostly numeric filename with a ".kmz" extension that is located inside a Folder that is has the same name as the kmz file, but of course, no extension.

I'm giving up looking for the .kmz file, at my skill level I cannot find the file on the RC Pro, although it's easy peasy on the 'regular' controller.
I set up a mission just using a couple of waypoints, save it, then it can be edited and waypoints added and adjusted, then renamed to suit.
I've just set up a mission using the Pro controller to photograph no fewer than 6 local ringforts and raths on one mission, and other then having to peer at the Pro screen, and dealing with the low-res satellite imagery, I found it easy to set up. I'd dearly like to be able to set up missions on my 'puter (like Litchi) and be able to do it without having to have the M3 switched on and connected to do it, but we all have our crosses to bear,,
I set it up a mission on Litchi, which then gives me AGL heights, so I can then use this to set up the absolute altitude in the M3 mission, it's cumbersome but it does work for me. I guess I'll be retiring my cherished Mavic pro after c. 2000km.

I'm giving up looking for the .kmz file, at my skill level I cannot find the file on the RC Pro, although it's easy peasy on the 'regular' controller.
I set up a mission just using a couple of waypoints, save it, then it can be edited and waypoints added and adjusted, then renamed to suit.
I've just set up a mission using the Pro controller to photograph no fewer than 6 local ringforts and raths on one mission, and other then having to peer at the Pro screen, and dealing with the low-res satellite imagery, I found it easy to set up. I'd dearly like to be able to set up missions on my 'puter (like Litchi) and be able to do it without having to have the M3 switched on and connected to do it, but we all have our crosses to bear,,
I set it up a mission on Litchi, which then gives me AGL heights, so I can then use this to set up the absolute altitude in the M3 mission, it's cumbersome but it does work for me. I guess I'll be retiring my cherished Mavic pro after c. 2000km.
Are you still not able to locate the Waypoint directory on the RCcPro with all the detailed help above?
data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
Do you need help on how to navigate the file structure?

Are you still not able to locate the Waypoint directory on the RCcPro with all the detailed help above?
data/dji.go.v5/files/waypoint
Do you need help on how to navigate the file structure?
Ah, I think I've confused the RC Pro controller with the regular RC controller (the one (with the screen) I've got), kmz files are easy to find in the RC-N1 controllers, but search does not turn anything up on this controller, with hidden file tickbox ticked and 4 waypoint missions saved. I wonder what DJI have done with them?

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    21.8 KB · Views: 6
You can set up waypoints with "absolute" altitude (above sea level) for the Mavic 3 or am I misunderstanding something? I thought AGL was the only option for the consumer Mavic 3s.

Ah, I think I've confused the RC Pro controller with the regular RC controller (the one (with the screen) I've got), kmz files are easy to find in the RC-N1 controllers, but search does not turn anything up on this controller, with hidden file tickbox ticked and 4 waypoint missions saved. I wonder what DJI have done with them?
Here is a video (chapter "file browsing") that explains how to use the file explorer on the DJI RC:

You can set up waypoints with "absolute" altitude (above sea level) for the Mavic 3 or am I misunderstanding something? I thought AGL was the only option for the consumer Mavic 3s.

Here is a video (chapter "file browsing") that explains how to use the file explorer on the DJI RC:

Yes, and there are still no .kmz files or waypoint folder.. Searched via PC and using the touchscreen.

Yes, and there are still no .kmz files or waypoint folder.. Searched via PC and using the touchscreen.
Pardon me, I'm not explaining myself very well..
Litchi allows you to plan a mission using both altitude above home point and altitude above the waypoint (AGL) itself, whereas the DJI waypoint planner only has altitude above home point, which can be awkward planning waypoints in hilly country without flying it first, as I'll always err on the side of caution.

Hi Alex
Maybe i understand the issue some are having [ thx for screen shot]
Attached is a screen shot of a complete and visible RC Directory

You have to enable file browser to make some directory's visible including waypoints and even flightlogs

Ive edited a previous video showing the relevant section

This works with the DJI RC & probably the DJI RC Pro
And probably Should be step [1] have mentioned it a while ago.

Attachments

• FILE Directory.jpg
    FILE Directory.jpg
    171.4 KB · Views: 13
Hi Alex
Maybe i understand the issue some are having [ thx for screen shot]
Attached is a screen shot of a complete and visible RC Directory

You have to enable file browser to make some directory's visible including waypoints and even flightlogs

Ive edited a previous video showing the relevant section

This works with the DJI RC & probably the DJI RC Pro
And probably Should be step [1] have mentioned it a while ago.
I have to commend you for your patience, thank you so much for your perseverance. I'm in at last.

You sir, are a hero!

Good news Alex
Yep sorry could not understand till I saw you screen shot
Maybe someone with a RC Pro could try if their files are not visible

The above method to access [Droid] file browser discribed earlier

Last edited:
Using this guide, I managed to transfer waypoints from RC Pro to the new RC Pro. I would also like to transfer the hyperlapese traces, does any of you know how to do it?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark