DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Zoom Re-Edit of my Benjamiin Island video

Barbara

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is a re-edit of a video I made a few months ago. This was partly a learning exercise for DaVinci Resolve, which I am coming to like, a lot, and partly what I hope is an improvement over my first version of the video. I think I managed to do a better job of following the music, and I added some other touches.

Am eager to see what you all think, so I included a link to the original.

New Version:

Original Version:

Very nice filming. Sweet audio track! Oh, and welcome to Resolve. Wonderful editor.

Reactions: Barbara
Very nice filming. Sweet audio track! Oh, and welcome to Resolve. Wonderful editor.
Thank you.

Resolve has so many features and I've barely scratched the surface. My needs are minimal, but the more I learn about it, the more I see that I can use.

Thank you.

Resolve has so many features and I've barely scratched the surface. My needs are minimal, but the more I learn about it, the more I see that I can use.
I especially appreciate the color grading that can be done with it. BlackMagic Design has some really good tutorials on color grading on their website if you feel the urge.

I like version 2 a little better but version 1 was good. I like the choice of font for the opening credit better on v2. By the by, that was a very clever opening title placement. Music is great (I know it's the same from v1). Your flying is first rate. My biggest editing suggestion, especially since you are using Resolve is, do a little more color grading. pump up the saturation on some, or most scenes, if not all. I think when our videos go through compression for YouTube or Vimeo, some color is lost. Just keep at it and you'll get better and better over time.

I especially appreciate the color grading that can be done with it. BlackMagic Design has some really good tutorials on color grading on their website if you feel the urge.
Colour grading is an art and involves real Black Magic ;o) I've watched a few tutorials but really barely understand how to use some of the tools, while most are a mystery (who knew there were so many ways to visualize and adjust things)

Reactions: SmilingOgre
I like version 2 a little better but version 1 was good. I like the choice of font for the opening credit better on v2. By the by, that was a very clever opening title placement. Music is great (I know it's the same from v1). Your flying is first rate. My biggest editing suggestion, especially since you are using Resolve is, do a little more color grading. pump up the saturation on some, or most scenes, if not all. I think when our videos go through compression for YouTube or Vimeo, some color is lost. Just keep at it and you'll get better and better over time.
Thank you so much for your critique, it's very much appreciated.

Colour grading, hmmm, working on it. It's a black art to me, but I'm learning. I did do some adjustments, particularly the final two scenes. I'm always afraid to overdo it though.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp