DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Reading the map

Zeprider

Reactions
I would like to make sure that I am understanding the maps correctly. According to the map below:

11.png

22.png Does this mean that LAANC is not available. Even if you tried?

33.png Does this mean that LAANC may be available but your height is clearly limited?

44.png Does this mean that LAANC is available and you may fly up to 100 feet upon approval?

Just as in the 100 foot limit, other green boxes 200, 300, 400, etc. are your vertical limits?

And, if there are no boxes over your flight area (Class G), you are still restricted to 400 feet max?

Thanks in advance!

Red means no LAANC. The numbers correspond to how high you can fly without "further coordination" with ATC. It's a hard limit, and can't be added to building limit.

There is no additional permissions needed to any airspace in G.

I would like to make sure that I am understanding the maps correctly. According to the map below:

View attachment 152305

View attachment 152306 Does this mean that LAANC is not available. Even if you tried?

View attachment 152307 Does this mean that LAANC may be available but your height is clearly limited?

View attachment 152308 Does this mean that LAANC is available and you may fly up to 100 feet upon approval?

Just as in the 100 foot limit, other green boxes 200, 300, 400, etc. are your vertical limits?

And, if there are no boxes over your flight area (Class G), you are still restricted to 400 feet max?

Thanks in advance!
... and yes, you're limited to 400' as a recreational flyer, and 400' over structures is you're flying under 107.

The other thing to keep in mind is that when you draw the area for your flight plan and apply for LAANC you are limited to the lowest area within the flight plan or you will get auto rejected. e.g. part of your flight plan is in 300 agl and part is in 400 agl you will not get approved for 400 agl. Generally I just request for the lower area but if there is some reason I need the higher area then I will apply for multiple LAANCE approvals for different times. In my experience I have not been allowed overlapping times.

Reactions: Zeprider
"...you are limited to the lowest area within the flight plan or you will get auto rejected." I'm grateful to live in South Florida; virtually everywhere is the lowest area. I live exactly 1 mile from KFLL 28L (within a 200' AGL box) and thus I wanted to make sure I was interpreting the map correctly.

Thank you all for the instruction!

Just to clarify, the greater altitude limit applies to Part 107 in Class G airspace, not in controlled airspace even with LAANC approval. Right?
Correct. LAANC is absolute AGL unless you have an authorization that allows to be above it.

Thanks for the clarification.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard