DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready or not

Fedjovski

Reactions
I love my Mavic Pro Platinum...and I really like to fly and make photos and videos but....I don't like the fact that I need a new laptop/desktop to be able to edit or view 4K videos.

With my existing computer (i7, 8Gb Ram, 1gb video card) I cant event view the video as the playback is horrible and laggy.

There are two solutions:
To get new computer with better video card and more RAM- expensive solution
To record in lower resolution - sad solution as I have equipment to record in 4K

What is your opinion related to this issue? Should I proceed with option one or option two? Is there any other option?

Well, with my i7 only 4 GB Ram I can edit with Magix Pro using proxies and watching on a 4K television- on computer also possible to watch.

If your computer is to slow/old for 4K I recommend to get a better one to use the unbelievable power of the Mavic- HD is for me no option.

Ciao Rob

Reactions: Fedjovski
The question is, how many people will watch your videos in 4K? I decided to experiment in the next few weeks with the results in 4K and HD. I know, people will start yelling now, but what is the use of creating enormous data-amounts with something I will not be able to see in the alleged quality? Don't see reasons to invest in that, to be honoust.

The question is, how many people will watch your videos in 4K? I decided to experiment in the next few weeks with the results in 4K and HD. I know, people will start yelling now, but what is the use of creating enormous data-amounts with something I will not be able to see in the alleged quality? Don't see reasons to invest in that, to be honoust.

Have to agree with Olav. 1080p is all you need, especially for content published on YouTube.

I don't want to be dogmatic but in the first instance I make my vids for me and yes I want the highest quality Mavic offers to watch it on a big 4K television.
I believe many people own a 4K television, the prices are going down and if you want to buy a new television I guess it's hard to find a non 4K .
Yes, most people watching YouTube vids on mobile but with the effort I invest to make a good vid, also with GoPro, I want the best I can get.
Just my two cents....

Ciao Rob

I don't want to be dogmatic but in the first instance I make my vids for me and yes I want the highest quality Mavic offers to watch it on a big 4K television.
I believe many people own a 4K television, the prices are going down and if you want to buy a new television I guess it's hard to find a non 4K .
Yes, most people watching YouTube vids on mobile but with the effort I invest to make a good vid, also with GoPro, I want the best I can get.
Just my two cents....

Ciao Rob
You are fully entitled to do so, not a problem. For me, it is just different.

Agree completely!

Ciao Rob

I love my Mavic Pro Platinum...and I really like to fly and make photos and videos but....I don't like the fact that I need a new laptop/desktop to be able to edit or view 4K videos.

With my existing computer (i7, 8Gb Ram, 1gb video card) I cant event view the video as the playback is horrible and laggy.

There are two solutions:
To get new computer with better video card and more RAM- expensive solution
To record in lower resolution - sad solution as I have equipment to record in 4K

What is your opinion related to this issue? Should I proceed with option one or option two? Is there any other option?
I have an old PC as well (i5, 8gb ram) and it plays raw 4k video fine with VLC media Player. I've recently started editing with Premiere Pro (old 2015 version) and it's definitely workable. I would first try upgrading your video card as they are cheap and easy to replace. If your computer can handle more ram then do that as well. I personally would not shoot in 1080, it never looked good coming from the Mavics and if you ever need to crop or zoom then you're out of luck because you won't have the quality. You can also print some excellent 5x7 photos from 4k video captures. You are much better off shooting at least 2.7k and scaling it down if you are so inclined.

Dear all of you,
Thank you for sharing your suggestions. I can agree with all of you..even though your suggestions are oposing to each other. It is nice to use maximum that Mavic can offer but I will use it for recreation and sharing videos with friends and other people. Most of them are using phones and tablets to access shared videos (Youtube, Facebook....).

I have a gaming laptop G73JHA, its quite old so I can update drivers but cant change a video card. I have a 4K TV and media players but...i want to edit video so without proper equipment...I will be forced to record 1080p.

Once again, thanks for your inputs and suggestions.

Greetings from Sarajevo!

Fedja

Best bet would probably be to update the GPU, 1gb graphics card doesnt have anything like the VRam to do the job. Also 540p Proxies would allow you to edit the 4K footage

I had the same problem I needed to upgrade my computer I went on eBay and purchased a slightly used MacBook Pro and got $1800 off regular price because 4K is gorgeous let’s face it

I had the same problem I needed to upgrade my computer I went on eBay and purchased a slightly used MacBook Pro and got $1800 off regular price because 4K is gorgeous let’s face it
Uhh, I a moment I was happy not to record in 4K....and than...you changed my mind :/ I will have to get better equipment :)

Uhh, I a moment I was happy not to record in 4K....and than...you changed my mind :/ I will have to get better equipment :)

4K for the win for sure (well most of mine is shot 2.7k/60, but hey), you should try using proxies out, they can help a fair bit on lower end hardware, it's what they are for after all.

It’s still very expensive it took me a while to change my mind to

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bant18