DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Rebuilding my crashed Mini 2

Ibanezbass671

Reactions
Well...it happen again, but this time is broke its front/left leg, body shell (top, middle and battery door)
Apparently the cause of the crash was a loose screw and one of the propellers came off. (Lesson learned, always do a checklist before you fly..)
20211105_130358.jpg
The drone was approx 200 feet in the air, prior to crashing, I got a motor error (Probably due to the missing propellers) and I couldn't gain control.
I tried to descend it at least to a safe point where it would not crash into an area where I cant retrieve.
Needless to say I did recover the drone after its hard landing but was devastated of the damages.

I did bought a spare drone as this one I bought of the FB market, so DJI refresh care was not available for this one
However looking at it, it does seem repairable and I did watch some youtube videos on how to repair the unit.

So I will be attempting to repair this drone to see how easy for a guy who just started this hobby can easily repair this.

Drone still functions after crash...
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: hiflyer201
New Replacement Left Arm motor, Cost $24.00 on eBay
20211119_114657.jpg
New Body Shell. Cost $24.99 on eBay
20211119_145743.jpg

Bonus on the body shell is that it came assemble with the front LED, Main Board black tape and rear leg pivot assembly

Camera Gimbal, New front leg arm/motor, GPS and ECS module board installed.
View attachment 139247

Getting ready to re-solder the wires back in. At this moment I decided to remove the rest of the body wrap on the legs....lol
View attachment 139248
My compliments, I am also an electronics enthusiast and do many such repairs. I am really happy to see people who can fight with their hands and skills!Thumbswayup;)

Reactions: Ibanezbass671
Testing out the camera Gimbal.
" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

First start up of my Rebuild Mini 2

Funny thing is when I attempt to do a take off, the Mini 2 flipped backwards... I though, maybe I got the propellers installed the wrong way. I verified that the propellers were in fact installed correctly, so it puzzled me a little. Going back to my wires and I realized that I got the red and white wires for the rear motor in reverse....
So had to bust out the soldering kit to correct the polarity on the rear motors.....lol

The Mini 2 rebuild finally flies again

Now just waiting on the rest of the parts to come in (Top Shell and BAttery Door)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RWShepard