DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Recordings stopping + starting on playback

Former Member

Reactions
Copied from another thread:

@johrich asked:

I'm new to the drone world and have flown about 5 times. But my videos recordings are stopping and starting when I play them back. The camera isn't stopping but my playback is. I have an iPhone minipad 4 that is new and I've watched every youtube video to set all of my parameters so what am I doing wrong?

are you watching on wi fi on you tube or on phone connection. do you get the spinning circle effect in the middle.

The higher the quality the harder playback is on any device, what resolution are u uploading, and playing back on.

Are u talking about the footage streamed back to the ipad or you tube videos.

if you have slow internet or phone connection the buffering will be annoying, only thing is to pause and let the video load before playing or play in a lower resolution.

i just uploaded a video to you tube in just 1080 but my works internet is so slow. Remember you tube is basically just streaming it to you

see if it plays on a lower resolution without the stopping ie 720 or 1080 if u are watching 2.7k or 4k with slow internet.

if you have a smart tv try watching on that and see if the same happens.

Reactions: Lone Wolf 58
Would help if he told which playback method he's actually using... there are at least 3 different ways to look at footage that are all very different.

I'm taking my memory card out and loading my videos and pictures on my computer. I just videoed for almost an hour and it stops and starts constantly. It even stops videoing and suddenly starts again.

Are you recording in 4K?
Does the computer have fast enough specifications to be able to view 4K video?

Are you recording in 4K?
Does the computer have fast enough specifications to be able to view 4K video?
Sounds like that to me. My last laptop struggled playing 1080 you tube videos.borrow someone elses laptop and try it 4k needs heay ram and processor speeds.

Right, but what are the specifications of that computer? Processor, processor speed, video/graphics card, RAM?

Is it able to view 4K video?

I was in 3840 x 2160 and my computer is a my desktop pc.
It may be a desktop, but if the screen is only 1080 resolution and you have 4gb of ram and a 2ghz processor in it then you wont be playing 4k video files.

then again if you have a high res (maybe 4k screen, or high end gaming computer) running a 3ghz processor 16gb ram or more and a lot of SSD or HDD space with a good nvidia card) then yes you have something wrong.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman