DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Red5 Swift vanguard camera drone

jazcarte24

Reactions
I have a RED5 Swift Vanguard camera drone but I’m unable to connect it to an app to view the camera. Could I have some help please.

I have a RED5 Swift Vanguard camera drone but I’m unable to connect it to an app to view the camera. Could I have some help please.
This aircraft is basically a toy. It does not have a live video feed. The specs say it has a control distance range of 40 meters (~130ft) which tells me it is strictly line-of-sight flying. My guess is that it is not very good in any kind of wind.

Reactions: rickmurray1989
This aircraft is basically a toy. It does not have a live video feed. The specs say it has a control distance range of 40 meters (~130ft) which tells me it is strictly line-of-sight flying. My guess is that it is not very good in any kind of wind.
It says that it can take pictures and videos so how would I do that? Thank you for your response.

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app?

If you're having problems pairing your drone with the controller read the instructions on page 20 of the user manual.

Hello I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that doesn’t seem to work, the manual it came with is 5 pages long and says nothing about pairing the drone to a device.

It says that it can take pictures and videos so how would I do that? Thank you for your response.
Do you have a web link to the actual product you bought?

I can only find a RED5 Swift drone on the Menkind website. Nothing about being Vanguard. The only Vanguard drone I found was a higher end surveillance drone with a dual function camera (visible light and IR).

On top of the actual drone it says vanguard, on the leaflet it says RED5 Swift Camera Drone

On top of the actual drone it says vanguard, on the leaflet it says RED5 Swift Camera Drone
You might want to seek out a forum for RED5 drones. This one is for DJI Mavic drone models, and it is not likely that many of the pilots on here have any experience with your drone.

Okay, that is the same link I found through a web search. Unless the manual gives you a link to an app that is usable with the drone there is nothing in that ad that even suggests getting a live feed. The only transmission frequency mentioned is the 2.4GHz RC control signal, and nothing for a video feed that would be through WiFi.

I don’t know what your budget is for a drone or what your expectations are for using one, but I would suggest returning this one and looking for a used or refurbed DJI Mini 1 as a starter aircraft.

Reactions: Yorkshire_Pud
It might utilize wifi transmission in which case you would need to search for the wifi network the drone is using and log your phone's wifi connection into that network.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki