DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote Controller do not connect to the Mavic

Someone else might come along & help out, the more the merrier..

Have you done a search on the forum to see if anyone else has had the same problem?

What model Mavic are we talking about? It's not an M2 as that doesn't have an option to link to app by Wi-Fi
This is clearly an AC/RC binding issue or radio issue and nothing else. App, and USB connection to mobile is not the issue as it goes as far as indicating the AC is not connected. Even if it said the RC was not connected, you don't need the app/mobile to connect the RC to the phone.
Make sure you didn't leave the AC in Wi-Fi mode. You mentioned you tested connecting by Wi-Fi so it probably is back to RC mode.
Be sure you pressed the binding button.
See if the button might have pushed in too far and broke. That's apparently a potential problem with the M2 which you don't have.

Just watched the video, the majority of it Focuses on RC to app issue when it is probably a binding issue.
You almost got there but when you switched USB cables, it doesn't look like you pulled out the short cable from the side USB so you added to your problem where the mobile/app was no longer connected to the RC. Charging is not an indication of full connection. With the side port connected, that's all the bottom port will do.
Please create a video showing how you are re-binding. First stage is the RC showing 'BINDING' instead of 'CONNECTING'. Then push the bind button on the AC to that the led turns from green to red, then hopefully back to green.

Thanks for your comments @DanMan32, hopefully the OP will get this sorted out now. I was hoping someone else would pipe in.;)

I had an issue in the VERY beginning.
My fault was the incorrect way to initiate the binding of RC to aircraft.
It is a short press of the button followed by a long one.(....... quite long!)
I pressed the button too short the 2nd time.
So it always did something, but never really connected

Maybe this helps

Hi

I had four days of trouble trying to update my firmware, i solved the problem by uninstalling dji assist 2, then reinstalling, when i reinstalled i noticed there was a problem with windows 10 and the firewall settings. I had to allow dji assist to bypass the firewall, all works now. Also remembering to turn off the device after every firmware update? Hope this helps...

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear