DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID for MA2 in Florida

twickers14

Reactions
Hi all. Am planning a visit to Naples FL and was wondering if, as we will go in April 24, whether I shall have to have RID and if so how do I do that as I don’t think my craft (MA2) has it. I may have misread an FAA statement about it but sure our American friends will know.

Hi all. Am planning a visit to Naples FL and was wondering if, as we will go in April 24, whether I shall have to have RID and if so how do I do that as I don’t think my craft (MA2) has it. I may have misread an FAA statement about it but sure our American friends will know.
RID is available in firmware updates, then go to Dronezone in the FAA website and get it registered.

Reactions: twickers14
I’m fully up to date on firmware so I presume it’s there. Is there any way of checking as I will need to activate it unless my Registration with the FAA is sufficient.

I’m fully up to date on firmware so I presume it’s there. Is there any way of checking as I will need to activate it unless my Registration with the FAA is sufficient.
On your remote controller go to settings then about scroll down and you should see your RID number

Make sure aircraft is on and linked
All checked but nothing there. I have a horrible feeling that U.K. models were not sold with the option to “turn on” RID with a firmware update as we don’t have that Legislation over the pond. “Up a creek” moment. Presume I shouldn’t attempt to fly in the US at all. Am fully Registered with FAA and Trust done.

All checked but nothing there. I have a horrible feeling that U.K. models were not sold with the option to “turn on” RID with a firmware update as we don’t have that Legislation over the pond. “Up a creek” moment. Presume I shouldn’t attempt to fly in the US at all. Am fully Registered with FAA and Trust done.
Are you in the us

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas