DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote ID modules

puterami

Reactions
Newbie here.
Picked up a used MP Sunday with the protective film still on most of the stuff (bad battery, of course). Passed the TRUST and registered as a recreational flyer.
Now I see that a March date is looming for Remote ID. In reading here, I see that the Platinum used to be on the FAA's list, but it is now rescinded. So I am not sure if the MP will ever be RID'ed with a firmware update (not holding my breath).
Has anyone looked at ID modules to place onto the drone? Any experiences to share? Just trying to research for a bit so that I can make a decision.

Holy cow!
A wealth of info at first glance.
Way to help keep me up at night. :)

Thanks!
Ralph

It seems that the Drontag Beacon and Holy Stone are the most popular now.

And this site has 3-D printed mounts for both products that will fit nicely on the Mavic Pro.

Have fun shopping. :)

Reactions: puterami
I agree. Holy Stone keeps popping up the most.
Just another thing that wants to take my money. :) Thanks!

Highly recommend the Holy Stone. Small and least expensive.
Be careful where you place it on the Mavic Pro v1. So many ideas posted on the forum. I decided to put it on the back of the battery so all lights show. Will have to switch it to the next battery. Not that big of a deal.

Yes, March 16 is fast approaching.
Remember, the Government is here to help...themselves to your money! :p

Highly recommend the Holy Stone. Small and least expensive.
Be careful where you place it on the Mavic Pro v1. So many ideas posted on the forum. I decided to put it on the back of the battery so all lights show. Will have to switch it to the next battery. Not that big of a deal.

Yes, March 16 is fast approaching.
Remember, the Government is here to help...themselves to your money! :p

Food for thought and keep in mind I'm Old School . . .

I always try to avoid attaching ANYTHING to the top of the Aircraft. Should a mount/velcro/tape fail you now have something "loose" in very close proximity to the spinning rotors. I have anything "removable" on the back or bottom or arm of the aircraft so if it becomes "detached" it should fall AWAY from the aircraft and the spinning rotors.
Just my 2 cents . . .

I'm old school too..pushing 79. Do not use the velcro supplied with Holy Stone. I bought some really good velcro in a roll. Just snip it off and it sticks on. The RID will not come off and if on the battery, it will not interfer with GPS or antennas.

Excellent points since I was wondering where to atttach it. I ordered a couple of batteries. The thought about buying better velcro is a good one. Hadn't thought about the props if something comes away.

Thanks so much for these points.

I'm old school too..pushing 79. Do not use the velcro supplied with Holy Stone. I bought some really good velcro in a roll. Just snip it off and it sticks on. The RID will not come off and if on the battery, it will not interfer with GPS or antennas.
I have a Mavic Mini. Does anyone out there know where I should mount the Holy Stone RID?

I have a Mavic Mini. Does anyone out there know where I should mount the Holy Stone RID?

Looks like on top is best.

Thank you. With the link you sent me, it looks like it should go over the battery thus no GPS interferance.

Reactions: MA2 317
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
volidas