DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Remote signal lost best setting with new updates?

realitycheck

Reactions
Alright so I've been seeing all the new updates with rth and asking where you want the drone to go and everything. I was flying around my house last night looking at settings since the latest update .1000 and getting everything back the way it was before. I noticed again the remote signal lost setting. Before I left it at rth then I read all the people having rth issues and it flying elsewhere or landing in the water and so on. So I changed it and set it to hover? Is this the best setting or should I put it back to rth?
Thanks

Before I left it at rth then I read all the people having rth issues and it flying elsewhere or landing in the water and so on.
It would be better to disable the "Landing Protection" setting when flying over water. That's what is causing a majority of the water landings discussed in this forum.

DJI-GO-Landing-Protection.jpg

Yes sir, I did that also per your recommendation in another thread. I just keep it off now and then switch off the bottom sensors completely over water. So should I turn the signal lost setting back to rth?

So should I turn the signal lost setting back to rth?
Yes -- unless you want your Mavic to hover in place when the remote controller signal is lost.

Its pretty risky to not have it rth when losing a signal isnt it? Seems like no brainer to me

I guess maybe I was confusing that with the people that when it has asked to rth they hit current position instead of takeoff position and then the drone flew off into no man's land because it thought current was 6 miles away somewhere.

I guess maybe I was confusing that with the people that when it has asked to rth they hit current position instead of takeoff position and then the drone flew off into no man's land because it thought current was 6 miles away somewhere.
That's a completely different issue. If you ever see that message, always select the original home point if you have any doubts. Or at least be ready to cancel RTH if your Mavic is not flying toward the expected home point.

If you set your Mavic to hover on signal disconnect it means you will have to move toward your drone to recover the signal and regain control. With RTH the Mavic moves back towards you, and eventually will be within range in order to cancel RTH and regain control. Definitely stick with RTH and just be sure to use the original RTH point if asked.

-Joe

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure