Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Restricted zones...

Will I end up in jail?

• Total voters

Seba.89

Reactions
Hey Guys,
Have you ever had a pop up window just before take off about the area you are about to fly being restricted or sth like that? (can't remember what exactly did it say but I'm sure it wasn't a "no fly" zone.. well almost sure..)
So before the take off I had to tick two boxes - one was about being allowed to fly in this area and second about agreeing to terms and blablabla - which I did as I wanted to finally try my Mavic..
The area wasn't the airport or anything like that therefore I did not expect any harsh restrictions.
Flight was very short like 10 mins.
What I am wondering about is - could the local police or whatever institution is controlling the drones activity, access my flight log? Is the log stored only on DJI servers and is not shared with the third party?
(no - I didn't read the terms & conditions because battery was already 55% and outside was 34 degrees Celsius..)
Thanks for any advice!
Fly safe :)

Hey Guys,
Have you ever had a pop up window just before take off about the area you are about to fly being restricted or sth like that? (can't remember what exactly did it say but I'm sure it wasn't a "no fly" zone.. well almost sure..)
So before the take off I had to tick two boxes - one was about being allowed to fly in this area and second about agreeing to terms and blablabla - which I did as I wanted to finally try my Mavic..
The area wasn't the airport or anything like that therefore I did not expect any harsh restrictions.
What I am wondering about is - could the local police or whatever institution is controlling the drones activity, access my flight log? Is the log stored only on DJI servers and is not shared with the third party?
(no - I didn't read the terms & conditions because battery was already 55% and outside was 34 degrees Celsius..)
Thanks for any advice!

Start throwing things in a bag, lose your cell phone and run! Just kidding. Can you provide GPS coordinates for where you were flying? And where you are now? And can you provide a picture of yourself?

Start throwing things in a bag, lose your cell phone and run! Just kidding. Can you provide GPS coordinates for where you were flying? And where you are now? And can you provide a picture of yourself?
you ask me for questionable amount of details that can bury me after my today's flight :p
flight was in Dubai downtown, I took off from the pool area in one of the buildings and didn't fly far from it and didn't exceed 120 metres (400ft) as suggested in the manual ( I was way below)..

Hey Guys,
Thanks for any advice!
I have this issue when flying in my yard. I am within a 5 mile radius of a small airport, so I have to notify them before I fly. I found a park near my home that isn't in a 5 mile radius if an airport and did not get that warning.

I may be naive but my house is a few blocks inside the five mile radius of our airport and I get the warnings every time I fly. But I keep the drone below 200'. I can't imagine a plane flying under 200' at 4.75 miles from the landing strip.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charliesunique