DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ribbon Connection

Frank G

Reactions
Does anyone know of an easy way to align the male ribbon connectors to the female board connectors prior to pushing in place?

Thanks,
Frank

Which ones? The bigger ones are easier, like the ones on the main body. The gimbal ones are tiny, and require patience, a steady hand, and a magnifying glass.

For some connectors, like the gimbal ribbon connection to the top of the gimbal control board, I like to set one end of the male connector into the female slot angled at 45° so I can see that the end is inside the connector. Then I push the rest in making sure it's perfectly straight. You cant do this for most of the gimbal connectors because they are recessed. I use a pair of tweezers to patiently align the connector until it looks straight, and then push down vertically until it snaps in.

A good set of tools helps.

Mavic gimbal repair tools.jpg

Which ones? The bigger ones are easier, like the ones on the main body. The gimbal ones are tiny, and require patience, a steady hand, and a magnifying glass.

For some connectors, like the gimbal ribbon connection to the top of the gimbal control board, I like to set one end of the male connector into the female slot angled at 45° so I can see that the end is inside the connector. Then I push the rest in making sure it's perfectly straight. You cant do this for most of the gimbal connectors because they are recessed. I use a pair of tweezers to patiently align the connector until it looks straight, and then push down vertically until it snaps in.

View attachment 13486

Thank you very much for the reply. You've confirmed what I thought. I definitely won't drink any coffee before doing this step. :)

Where did you get or what is the manufacture of the magnifying visor with the lights on it? That is really nice.

Thank you again for your help.
Frank

Thank you very much for the reply. You've confirmed what I thought. I definitely won't drink any coffee before doing this step. :)

Where did you get or what is the manufacture of the magnifying visor with the lights on it? That is really nice.

Thank you again for your help.
Frank

I use it for everything from fixing Mavic gimbals to removing a microscopic splinter from my wife's foot.

Amazon.com : Carson Optical Pro Series MagniVisor Deluxe Head-Worn LED Lighted Magnifier with 4 Different Lenses (1.5x, 2x, 2.5x, 3x) (CP-60) : Sports & Outdoors

View attachment 13486

Can I send my Mavic to you to fix every time the ribbon fails, I reckon I'll need 3 bookings a month!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78