DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Right wheel NOW controls shutter, not ISO!?

LUPID

Reactions
I'm pretty sure I'm not going crazy. But yesterday I was going through my Mavic and I noticed the scroll wheel on the right controlled ISO. A few hours later that same scroll wheel only controlled shutter speed. What did I change, and how do I change it back?

Mine did the same thing. Seems like it goes back and forth.

I'm pretty sure I'm not going crazy. But yesterday I was going through my Mavic and I noticed the scroll wheel on the right controlled ISO. A few hours later that same scroll wheel only controlled shutter speed. What did I change, and how do I change it back?
I think it depends if you have manual or auto focus engaged.
Regards,
-d.
EDIT sorry I meant auto exposure as other have stated.

Last edited:
I wish the right wheel would control camera pitch as most of us are right handed.

Reactions: bucefalo
I wish the right wheel would control camera pitch as most of us are right handed.
Except for me, when I'm flying forward over an object using my right hand for forward stick, I can still use my left for precise gimbal tilt, since I don't need throttle or yaw at that point. Always an upside and downside to everything, I guess.

I'm pretty sure it depends on whether you are in manual or auto EXPOSURE mode... Right side of Go4, bottom slider icons, then top of page, M or Auto exposure mode.

Reactions: LUPID
AF/MF has no effect
I think this is true because I'm always in AF mode. It seems to change to ISO control when the lighting is really insufficient and the Shutter cannot compensate.

Last edited:
Are you sure it controls iso? Mines brand new and it controls exposure compensation

This is true because I'm always in AF mode. I think it actually changes to ISO control when the lighting is really insufficient and the Shutter cannot compensate.

Auto focus has nothing to do with exposure control. I have the Mavic and the app open right now and I am proving it.

When you lock exposure into auto mode you can use the wheel to change the value which changes ISO and shutter speed. What I'm trying to do is lock my shutter at 50 and use the wheel to control the ISO. I do not think this is possible.

Maybe you should all put the version of your FW as a remark, I get the feeling that the original thread starter meant the latest FW with "NOW" in the title?!? Without mentioning the FW version this conversation has no use.

I didn't upgrade the FW for at least 2 versions as I want to use 3rd party apps like Autopilot and Hangar360, maybe this funtion has changed in the later versions.

Last edited:
Maybe you should all put the version of your FW as a remark, I get the feeling that the original thread starter ment the latest FW with "NOW" in the title?!? Without mentioning the FW version this conversation has no use.

I didn't upgrade the FW for at least 2 versions as I want to use 3rd party apps like Autopilot and Hangar360, maybe this funtion has changed in the later versions.

By "now" I meant, it was controlling ISO earlier in the day. Must have slipped into auto exposure.

Attachments

• IMG_0167.PNG
    IMG_0167.PNG
    326.6 KB · Views: 75
Reactions: arachnida
Same functionality in Litchi...

So, what I've learned (thanks everyone) is that in MANUAL mode only shutter can be controlled with the wheel. (GRRRRR)
in AUTO mode, the wheel controls EV by shutter AND ISO depending on lighting situation.

Coming from a P3P, I used to be able to press the wheel to change between ISO and shutter speed adjusting. This isn't possible with the mavic controller, so I have made C2 switch between ISO and shutter, but for some reason, it doesn't work.

Coming from a P3P, I used to be able to press the wheel to change between ISO and shutter speed adjusting. This isn't possible with the mavic controller, so I have made C2 switch between ISO and shutter, but for some reason, it doesn't work.

I wish the Mavic wheel would push inwards for more functionality. Since it doesn't, why not allow us to CHOOSE what the wheel does?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlayTech