DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Home Point may reset if GO App crashes and is restarted

What concerns me, of course I may be mis-understanding this thread, but I was under the impression that if connection was lost, the Mavic automatically did a RTH, so if the APP crashed to me the best thing to do if the mavic is out of sight is to hit RTH before restarting the APP, at least until you can see it again then restart the APP and regain control if needed.

If you believe a RTH is needed, indeed hold the button down for 3 seconds before shutting down/re-starting the App.

However, the RTH Home Point is stored On the Drone . So an app re-start does not reset the Home Point. That required deliberate user action or a re-start of the drone itself.

The automatic setting of the Home Point belongs to the drone when it receives GPS position after startup. That position is relayed to the App (via the RC) to tell the pilot it has been done and for display on the map,

Which is why it is recommended to wait for GPS position before starting the motors.

I purchased my Mavic, one week ago and I pad mini 4 three days ago. I have 54 flights so far. Today on two seperate flights in diff directions when the quad flew far enough for the video signal to drop that the app simply shuts down the third time the signal is dropped (black screen) Both times I held the RTH button then restarted the app and all was fine. Regained vid signal quad returned and landed as expected. both times it crashed the third time It went to a black screen.

Is this normal, I swapped batteries between flights and powered down Ipad, remote etc. I am not new to quads but I am new to the mavic and apple devices. I have purchased the latest ip[ad mini in an attempt to minimize comparability issues.

I will be retrying in the am with a different mavic and Ipad,

"This is AFAICT UNVERIFIED as NOT TRUE."

Say what?

You didn't quote that well. Since the original post the facts were checked and turned out to be wrong (in Phantompilots group). So the original post was edited and show the UN to be barred out and "as not true" added.

PS: It's always dangerous to reply to the original post of a thread that is now over a month old w/o reading the rest of the thread first.

You didn't quote that well. Since the original post the facts were checked and turned out to be wrong (in Phantompilots group). So the original post was edited and show the UN to be barred out and "as not true" added.

PS: It's always dangerous to reply to the original post of a thread that is now over a month old w/o reading the rest of the thread first.
Thanks. I did read the thread, but it was confusing, because the subsequent replies appeared to negate the corrected version, which franlky still confuses the heck out of me. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hcastro