DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH Is Awesome!

I'll have to try that again in RTH... I swear when I yawed around it canceled the return.

Undoubtedly I'm wrong, but it got stuck so firmly in my head I never tried, apparently.

If it makes you feel better, you are really out around $700.
Refurbished Mavic Pros on eBay for $699 incl s/h
I have not checked it out myself, but it sounds good. Once you get it you re-sinc to your RC and you should be good-to-go.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

p03lcphh.jpg

Don't risk it.

You can get a brand-new mavic, aircraft-only, for $760 from the DJI store. I just did this myself last week, arrived Tuesday. I assume you still have a perfectly good, fully functional, probably in excellent condition, Remote Controller. So another one really isn't going to be a big help, is it?

The problem with a refub is this: It's got miles on it. Maybe some of them hard. So you don't know what may be on the edge of failing/breaking from flight stress, or a rough landing.

The only thing you know is they fixed whatever was broken about it, and it passed functionality tests.

Really you can turn around I didn't know that I knew you could use the gimbal now when you say turn around you talking about the left stick where you actually physically turn the Drone in the 360 degree
lisadoc has answered your question very clearly. You can yaw around, go higher or lower, move the camera up and down, even push the pitch forward to get faster speed (if possible for the wind condition). The only thing you cannot do is of course change the AC direction.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

Don't risk it.

You can get a brand-new mavic, aircraft-only, for $760 from the DJI store.
Believe it or not, I agree with you. I would pay the extra for new myself. I am assuming it would come with a new warranty that would cover one on the verge over wearing out. I just threw it out there as an option.

flying home is as exciting as driving the kids to afterschool activities every weekday

Flying home doesn't have to be boring. I enjoy flying low and fast (especially with Goggles - I'm a wingsuit BASE pilot, doing proximity flying in the mountains, and Goggles give me similar rush when flying fast & close to terrain!), flying home is as much fun as the rest of the flight. For me, RTH is as boring as watching trees grow.

Reactions: Kilrah
I do wish they didn't have a minimum of 30 for the return home I wish I could set it to like three me so if I'm flying around my yard I can push the button just watch it like right above head level come back

Believe it or not, I agree with you. I would pay the extra for new myself. I am assuming it would come with a new warranty that would cover one on the verge over wearing out. I just threw it out there as an option.
Yes it does, and you can purchase Refresh up to 48 hours after activation, just like with the complete kit.

... I had been given a warning 2-3 min prior to turning her around, this extra time would've been enough to travel the extra distance needed to save its life. Oh well, another $1000 down the drain.

Out of curiosity did you try to override the landing by holding left stick up ... I saw great instructional video on battery stuff where the guy demo/d the different warning points and critical battery control. I think it’s a MUST watch - certainly has given me a bit of confidence to be able to manage a battery event.

Out of curiosity did you try to override the landing by holding left stick up ... I saw great instructional video on battery stuff where the guy demo/d the different warning points and critical battery control. I think it’s a MUST watch - certainly has given me a bit of confidence to be able to manage a battery event.

You can only override until the battery runs out, who would’ve figured?

Reactions: Timbo~SYD
You can only override until the battery runs out, who would’ve figured?

Sorry if I seemed condescending... I woke up at 3am and when I couldn’t get back to sleep I read a few posts and commented with too much brevity.

I’m new to the forum and only have had my MPP for about a month ... and have a lot more hours on YouTube then in the air.

I live on a part of Sydney Harbour and the water is everywhere [emoji23]

I thought the video I linked to was one of the better (educational) ones I’ve watched and was drawing on it in my comments. I reckon it’s a must see to understand just what the battery indicators mean and wrap your head around the issues.

Cheers

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tansh