DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH - Path of Return

rgunnell

Reactions
If the Mavic is flow 700 ft North, then 300 ft East, what path does it take to return to home?

What about waypoints? Does it return based on the waypoint path or shortest distance?

Cheers

Straight back from the point when RTH is initiated, be aware that there may be obstacles in its way so your RTH height should be set higher than anything in its path.

Also in the manual there is conflicting information about obstacle avoidance on RTH, at one point it says it will climb over any obstacles it encounters at it's preset RTH height, at another point it says it won't

Reactions: HarryMerkin
Also in the manual there is conflicting information about obstacle avoidance on RTH, at one point it says it will climb over any obstacles it encounters at it's preset RTH height, at another point it says it won't

Depends on the settings for this. You can change this.

You flew around a 200 story building. It climbs and climbs and the battery gets to 10%.

I see a bigger risk in ascending into an obstacle .. like hitting the tree canopy when it's trying to avoid a branch. But I kept the setting on with RTH altitude set to 50m.. I don't expect any overhangs at that height, not where I live.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Why wouldn't someone set it to go over obstacles? is there a down side?

Another reason is the obstacle avoidance sensors often mistake flying directly into low sunlight as an obstacle. If this happens in RTH it can get into a loop where it keeps climbing to avoid an obstacle that's not really there.

Reactions: scooot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman